Sealant for plinth gap?

I have a small 2-3mm gap at one end of a kitchen cupboard to floor plinth - tiler didn't straighten the floor before laying tiles.

I'm not going to buy another plinth and I really don't want to use a silicone bead to sal the plinth to the percelain tile floor (it will be impossible to remove without causing damage I guess).

Is there a sealant I can use that will do the job in terms of hiding the gap (white) and giving some resistance to water seeping into the plinth via the grout joints?

Reply to
Gareth Davies

How about a stick on "D" gasket, on the underside of the plinth:

Tim Watts

Tim Watts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@squidward.sv.dionic.net:

Yuo definately need a seal strip. The Plinth should remove and maybe slide down a bit. Google for "Plinth Seal"

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I wouldn't worry about a 3mm gap but, if I was feeling neurotic, I'd do a tapered cut 3mm down to nothing from the other end, so that the plinth would sit flat on the floor (albeit now with a sawn edge). Not an easy cut though

Reply to
stuart noble

Put a length of cling film or similar under the plinth and use the mastic. Once set take off the plinth and remove the cling film and the set mastic will match the discrepancy in the floor

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Thanks - some really good ideas here. I hadn't thought of using a seal strip. This is probably the idea I'll go with because it will, I think, provide some protection against water except for the gaps between the bottom of the plinth and the grout joints.

Reply to
Gareth Davies

Ah - so the cling film won't stick to the silicone. Brilliant!

Reply to
Gareth Davies