Tile to worktop joint: silicone over old, cracked grout (plaster)?

7 years ago, I used grout (or plaster?) for all the joints in my newly tiled kitchen, including the 2 or 3mm joint between the lowest tiles and the worktop (not clever, I now realise that). Over the years, the worktop has moved a bit, the joint is all cracked and water has dissolved some of the grout/plaster near the sink area. It looks a mess. Can I put a bead of silicone sealant over the plaster (after removing all the loose bits) and if so, which type? I read I have to use a neutral curing silicon, not autoxy. Will it stick to the remaining plaster? Thank you, any help with this will be much appreciated.
On Friday, 2 September 2016 16:14:03 UTC+1, Diane wrote:

Remove loose or weak grout then use silicone. Any type's fine, but some properties would maximise its longevity: low modulus can stretch more mould retardant can delay mould forming
Most silicones are acetic acid cure, neutral works fine too. I'm pretty sure Autoxy is the wrong word.
Do yourself one favour: http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Newsgroup_access_tips
NT