Masking tile grout before painting

I'm going to repaint my baseboards. Portions of the baseboards adjoin some floor tile. The grout at the baseboard is not a uniform height. What is the best way to paint in this situation: (a) paint along the irregular grout surface and hope that no one thinks I was drinking when I painted the baseboards, or (b) paint a nice clean line along the baseboard and hope no one ever lies on the floor and notices the color irregularities?

Also, what is the best way to mask the grout?

Thanks,

Jean

Reply to
Jean

Use colored caulk that matches your grout. You can find it at the tile store.

Go ahead and paint the baseboard right up close to the tiles (mask the floor to be sure). After it dries mask along the base board just above the edge and then mask on the floor about 1/16 from the baseboard. Apply the matching caulk into the taped groove and smooth with your finger. Before it's dried, remove the tape. You'll have a super clean looking line that also seals the floor edges as well.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

Wow, that sounds great ...and do-able. Thank you very much!

Jean

Reply to
Jean