Saniflo...

I know, I know... "don't buy one" but SWMBO has her claws well and truly dug in (c;

looking for the cheapest place to buy a basic Saniflo macerator, best price I've found (online) is £250 inc vat & delivery from Plum Warehouse

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:38:57 -0000, "in2minds" strung together this:

Then it's time for the divorce courts I'm afraid.

Reply to
Lurch

We found the best price (for Sanibest so can't compare to your prices) at Grahams.

Or Wickes sometimes have their badged one on offer - about £219 I think last time.

Reply to
Mike

It's a horrible thought, but there seem to be several on ebay ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It would seem like buying a used toilet.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Only worse.... at least a toilet you might expect to have been flushed first. You never know with the saniflo what lurks within!

Reply to
John Rumm

Trade her in for a better model. A few modern ones come with a brain fitted.

You will find many people will pay you to take them away. However you need to factor in the plumber surcharge which is usually GBP500 per visit. As long as the thing is never used as anything but a Hyacinth Bucket accessory you might be OK.

However, If usage involves females or children you will have to pay the plumber surcharge every month or so. Alternatively you can DIY, in which case after the third episode you will be disposing of SWMBO so why delay? Do it now and save several hundred pounds, some nasty skin and intestinal infections, several courses of antibiotics and weeks of being treated by your mates as an olfactory flying dutchman.

Reply to
Peter Parry

"Peter Parry" wrote | As long as the thing is never used as anything but a | Hyacinth Bucket accessory you might be OK.

There's nothing in Hyacinth's bathroom that isn't porcelain with hand-painted periwinkles.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And there I was thinking that shiny toilet paper was bad.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

All of the houses I've bought have had toilets already installed, and I've not felt a particular need to replace them before use, nor indeed to replace them in hotel rooms before use in those far-off days when I used to stay in hotels occasionally.

So what's wrong with buying a s/h bog?

A bit like all those good folk who proclaim they'd never buy secondhand tyres for their car ("you never know how they've been misused") but cheerfully buy a secondhand car and drive it without even thinking of taking each tyre off to check it thoroughly, let alone replacing them all automatically.

An interesting "question for seller" of an ebay Saniflo might be: "If it's as immaculately clean as you say it is, will you demonstrate this by dismantling it in your kitchen when I come to collect it?"

Note: I am not advocating buying a Saniflo; new, used, or (interesting concept) shop soiled.

Reply to
Autolycus

Nothing at all if it was a Thomas Crapper original

However, if you were equipping a bathroom with contemporary sanitaryware, would you buy it secondhand on Ebay or new in the store?

Houses that I have bought have either had sanitaryware that was way past its sell by date, or it's been a new house.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Better versions of same:

Phil

Secondbum more like...

Or second arm-down-the-bowl-to-the-shoulder

Reply to
Gareth A.

More: (I'm particularly entrigued by the 4" wind turbine option!)

Phil

monstrousity attached ?

Reply to
Mike

continuous use" - interesting alternatives.

Reply to
Peter Ramm

"in2minds" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Well I fitted a Sanisplit about 3 months ago and it's been fine. It's a much better design than the Saniflo and I've not had any trouble yet. Come the day I do, it's design means you don't have a massive clean up operation after.

I bought it from Plumbingworld

and I went for the pan only version because soap and hair, apparently, is a big blocker of macerators, so I wasn't going to feed a sink into it.

Reply to
Danny Monaghan