Don't know who suggested it ...

... a few months/weeks ago in response to someone else's question but I can confirm that an SDS drill set on chisel action really, and I do mean really cleans of old mortar from spades.

And (and this is the really good bit) it seriously pisses of one's stuck up neighbours if you do it at the right time.

Thank you, thank you, thank you ... whoever suggested it.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

At times when you don't want to piss off your not-so-stuck-up neighbours, get yourself some 'Disclean' brick acid/patio cleaner, pour into a bucket

50/50 with water and put all your mortared/concreted up tools in that... It cleans em up beautifully and the chemical reaction is very satisfying to observe, if you can stand the smell of eggs:)

Deano.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

Thanks Dean for passing that on - both versions, and I hope you protected your ears with ear muffs when SDS'ing! But, putting my 'goody-goody' hat on, wouldn't it just be easier to clean the tools properly after use ? I have been there and I have done all the concreting, cement work, etc. and 20 minutes spent cleaning everything is a well-spent 20 minutes.

Reply to
robgraham

?? I only contributed the disclean bit! But, I agree- I'm also fastidious about clean up! I only opt for using disclean every few months for a proper tool sort- after a few late night, chuck the tools in the van and head for the pub jobs :)

Reply to
Dean Heighington