Picture message?

I have just received an email from what seems to be O2, it just says..

'Hello, Here's a picture message you've been sent from 079077??????. You can send a message back from your mobile phone. But don't reply to this email. Thanks, O2'

I don't recognise the phone number and no photo was attached to the email. My mobile will not (I don't think) accept a picture message anyway. Is this some sort of scam?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I got that when I accidentally sent an SMS message from my mobile phone to one of my email addresses. So I suspect c*ck-up rather than conspiracy.

Reply to
Robin

Thanks - there was a 91 byte file attached called text_0.txt

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Probably okay. If your phone can?t do MMS messages then it?s normal to get a weblink to the picture.

If you don?t recognise the number I would ignore it though. Probably sent to you in error.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Tim+ submitted this idea :

A second message came through, which mentioned my name and Leodis, a website I sometimes visit. So I rang the mobile number and managed to work out that the site had got its knickers in a twist. He turned out to just be another individual who sometimes visited the site..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Probably or more likely an idiot. Brian

Reply to