Re: OT: Prorouging and the Supreme Court

Because I'm not as stupid as you, it's pretty easy to fool the stupid. Show a person a picture of a duck and ask them what it is and they'll say a duck, while I'll say it's a picture of a duck it is't a real duck it;s a picture of a duck, while you say no it's a real duck everyone that hasn;t asnwered teh Q are teh majority and they haven't said it's a picture so therfor it is a duck. And yuo can use one of those duck calls as much as you like but you still won't convince me that a picture of a duck is a real duck. And the original phrase was it swims like a duck NOT walk like a duck.

of course this is from the person that said the referedum ballot question was who wants a change?

A toy duck is a toy duck.

At least I can tell the difernce what is your problem(s)

Reply to
whisky-dave

well I do but for me a duck walk doesn;t prove that it is a duck.

are the above all ducks too ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

No if I saw one of thposeold wooden ducks on a lake and some hunter using a duck whistle I doubt I'd be fooled just becaue what was floating loked like a duck and quacked like a duck.

Well apparently the root of this maxim is slightly more specific than you might have guessed.

Although the first printed example is thought to be from an American poet in the 19th century, legend has it that people were saying this long before, in the 18th century, about a certain mechanical duck. And they were being very serious. That mechanical duck was built to astound audiences, by quacking, moving it's head to eat some grain which the mechanical marvel seemingly digested and then after a short time, the machine would round things off by plopping out a dollop of, what has been described as, foul smelling sh*t.

I doubt I;d be fooled as easily as yuo, but then I;ve had a kebab with more brains in it than you.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not they, just her as an individual. She wasn't a ballet dancer on a night bus. I met her at a night club in oxford street (she was a strawberry switchblade fan and dressed similar to them) , she asked me who I was waiting for and I said noone, and we got chatting and then went out together for about 3 months in total, which was plenty of time for us to discuss such things, and one night while going back to mine on the N96 IIRC she pointed out the building where she did ballet. The only dance studio/place I knew of at the time wss called pinapple studios and it wasn't that one. She used to practice a bit at my place but I had to tell her not to when the downstairs neirgbour complained and took me to her frontroom where she showed me the paint/plaster flaking away from the cieling light fitting as my gf did a few floor excerises. I ended up putting a bit of polyfilla around the ceiling rose to 'keep the peace'. We split up but stayed friends and she became my flatmate for the next 6 months while doing her ballet course and in june/july she went back to swansea and I never saw her again.

perhaps you'd like me to tell you how I knew I was on a nightbus and not a yacht.

Reply to
whisky-dave