Subject Author Posted Replies

Air lock in kitchen tap query
During some work on our central heating the heating engineer drained the water in the system, to fix a leaking motorised valve. Also during the work he turned off the mains outside water supply valve...
5
5

water by-law question
If you are fitting a freestanding shower, should you fit isolation valve to H&C feed valves?
9
9

DAB Radio in car
My DAB has been breaking up recently and the radio automatically drops to FM. This is a bit annoying though die to the slight time difference. Grubbing about on a Facebook Group someone asked if I had...
12
12

Country Lanes
That description would include almost all rural roads. Round here they have taken to adding kerbs to some bends which has the interesting effect of creating a flooded area for aquaplaning whenever it...
15
15

How to Cure chronic Pain
Medical Cannabis buy and sell' TEXT: (..+16197860443...... High Grade Medical Marijuana Sativa and Indica strains, Hash, (RSO), BHO, HEMP OILS, THC OILS, Cannabis Oil and Ed ibles FOR SALE. website...

Scanning 2D profile for 3D printer?
3D printerists. I would like to print a base 'box' for a CCTV dome camera but it's a weird half round / elliptical shape. Whilst I could probably measure it at various intervals and translate that...
8
8

Oh look. No solar , sod all wind
Indeed it does degrade, I can't recall by how much and preventing degradation and ultimately fire in the heap was always top prority. Most of the sites using coal pulverisation rather than chain grate...
47
47

Junior Apprentice
Ignore the main subject but watch the apprentice carpentry in the rear
4
4

OT: Thanks to whoever posted the link to Starlink
A quick THANKS to whoever posted a link to the Starlink tracking website ( a short time ago. I used it to predict when they might be visible and it was an amazing sight, just now, to watch the line of...
8
8

Soldering a thermal fuse?
Hi All, Connector heater packed up after falling over whilst on. After much head scratching I found an O/C thermal fuse. I?ve got a replacement (157 degree), I?m planning mechanical fixing with some...
9
9

Gate Intercom wiring troubleshooting - fuse blown in gate controller now connected.
I have just purchased a new video intercom system which consists of an outdoor unit with key pad, camera and RFID access and then a 7 inch internal monitor. The monitor is connected with a 12v...

Wi-Fi
Have BT FTC here. Wi-Fi sometimes seems slow. Do a speed test on the PC desktop here which is cabled, and it is pretty consistent - even without switching off everything that might be using the...
11
11

Repairing leather jackts
Hello, I tore part of my leather jacket. Is there an easy way to fix this? Someone said that a patch can be glued over. Is this a good way to fix the ripped part?
15
15

OT: ATTN Rod speed: Iphone pictures the wrong way round.
Do new Iphones still have that problem where they can only take a picture in 1 of 4 orientations? Don't they have the detector so it can tell which way up you're holding it? I tried my VKWorld phone...
11
11

Shower caddy
Any source recommendations? Stainless seem unaffordable. Chrome ones rust. Plastic a bit naff.....
10
10