Subject Author Posted Replies

swapping electric hotplate hob for induction
Can't see an easy way to remove this hotplate and replace it with an induction hob. Can anyone please give me advice on taking out the hob with minimal damage to surroundings?
49
49

Astonishing craftsmanship (Again)
Found the same thing on Youtube Different man doing the same thing in the same factory by the looks. quite as good as original posting. To purchase this video for media use visit...
2
2

DNS hosting?
Hi, I'm moved my email to Gsuite which has dealt with a lot of spam and no longer need to run a linode (who are very good BTW). The only thing that's left on that linode is my primary DNS (zone, sub...
9
9

Shower caddy follow up
Konhard CS002 (Amazon) Umm.. claimed to be brushed stainless steel. Looks more like good quality chrome to me. Non magnetic so not mild steel. I'll report back in a few years:-)
11
11

Where does paint all go?
True, and it's the land (put into) use that really hits with dairy: <>Cheers, Rob With sales of vegan foods on the rise, check the environmental impact of plant-based milks.
129
129

Astonishing craftmanship!
3
3

Road surface using waste plastic
Anyone know how durable it is? I did a quick search but it's all just marketing fluff. TIA
4
4

DAB reception
We have a couple of DAB radio alarm clocks. One of them will find and play radio channels, albeit with a low signal strength. The other can't get a reliable signal despite being just the other side of...
74
74

RIP Terry Casey
His life support machine was turned off last night. The only person I knew that could repair a TV but refused to own one because of the crap they broadcast.
16
16

OT: Crisis, what crisis?
I see the grid frequency sagged a bit just now but seems to have recovered. Solar has flopped to zero, wind gives us a bit more than 2GW, fossil+nuc is really holding the fort as Dinorwig kicks in....
1
1

damp patches on the inner wall of my outhouse...
I would be very grateful for some advice on this. We bought a house from a developer two years ago, the house included what we thought was a useful outhouse that could become a mancave at some...
23
23

Smeg Induction Hob Glass
SWMBO junior accidentally dropped a bottle on our new Smeg induction hob and it's now cracked across a corner. All is still functional, but it needs replacing as it looks a mess. I actually thought it...
33
33

Reducing Fire, and Cutting Carbon Emissions, the Aboriginal Way
Reducing Fire, and Cutting Carbon Emissions, the Aboriginal Way As blazes rage in southern Australia, Indigenous fire-prevention techniques that have sharply cut destructive bushfires in the north are...

where can I find 9.5mm thick chipboard/particleboard from
Hi I have a requirement for 9.5 mm thick chipboard/particleboard that is available as 600 mm by 1200 mm sheets. Googling only seems to turn up chipboard that is 11 mm or thicker. Can anyone help? S.
5
5

insulated plasterboard for sale
As this is a group frequented by those who are interested in DIY, I hope people don't mind me posting my insulated plasterboard here: 19 sheets of 80 mm PIR on 12.5 mm plasterboard to standard size of...