Programming frequency inverter

Changed a blown frequency inverter, machine worked but motor was too fast for our application. Moeller Df4-120-37

It needs a keypad to program it, bought one.

I had my nose in the manual

thought I was changing the frequency but all I get now is Eer on the keypad display, can't move on from that.

Is anyone familiar with these things? I feel like I could do with a factory reset or something.

Reply to
R D S

Have you disconnected the motor to ensure that is not the cause of the error?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Is this the continuation of the what blew my inverter and testing the windings thread of a few weeks back?, I'm not sure if its possible to get the windings confused, but maybe it is? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

IF you get them confused it'll just spin the wrong way, swap any two and that would reverse it.

Form the error messages sounds like the TRIP function is triggering, also seems like some models have wired inputs to select 23/30/40Hz output?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes.

Reply to
R D S

Yes,

But I put the new inverter in and the machine ran fine, but the motor was going at full pelt and we need to slow it down.

I bought a keypad so I could alter the frequency and thus (I believe) the speed but the manual is confusing to me and in faffing I think I have changed something incorrectly and now I get a message suggesting there is an external error.

Reply to
R D S

Yes, I think the same.

I have someone in the know coming to look at it next week but could do with it running straight away really.

It was running at 50hz before I faffed with it (the keypad displays this), could do with getting it back to that and looking at it all again. As you say it may be a wired setting because looking at the (170 odd page!) manual I don't thing you can change the frequency with the keypad anyway. So that's £250 quid I didn't need to spend :(

Reply to
R D S