Recommendations for hand held researchable vacuum cleaner/

rechargeable?

Reply to
TimW

If you want 'any one' then it doesn't matter what I recommend does it?

'any one' is not the same as 'anyone'

That said what exactly do you mean by a 'researchable vacuum cleaner'?

... and finally, our experience with Dyson hand helds is that they're OK, for 10 minutes and then you have to spend half an hour clearing filters, phoning the support line and swearing.

Reply to
Chris Green

I'm using a Bosch one - the green workshop one. Runs off the standard 18v batteries.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes Please

Reply to
Broadback

For what sort of usage? There are zillions of toy lightweight ones for just doing the car once in a blue moon. Their weakest feature is usually the batteries which not so gradually fade with time.

The Dyson ones aren't bad although somewhat overpriced. The one that has just been most recently superceeded is the best value for money. There is a guy on our local market with refurbed ones at much better prices.

Runtime is about 40 minutes on a full charge and it sucks pretty well. You do have to do some regular routine maintenance or it loses suction.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I have an Aldi one which they stocked as mail order. Really not bad - and doesn't end up with a blocked filter as quickly as some. And easy to clean that anyway. Fine for the small jobs where you don't want to get the Hoover out. And pretty cheap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

What use? In tha car, around the home for ordinary spot domestic cleaning, small DIY dust collection? DIY use, plaster brick dust etc, quite often invalidates any guarantee.

Have a B&D "Dustbuster" almost useless, a dustpan and brush is much more effective.

Also a Dyson DC6, at least I think it's a DC6 can't actually see a model number anywhere on it. Works pretty well for domestic used, small canister which fills remarkably quickly. And the washable filter is a pain to wash as it's a narrow cone, with the dirty air flowing from the inside out so getting the muck out of the narrow cone and not washing it to the tip is awkward.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What are standard 18v batteries?

Reply to
Michael Chare

A what? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I think that goes for most of them, though there is one called Shark which I've not seen but people seem to think its good. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That is the same with most vacuums though the filters get incredibly dirty very fast even on mains vacs. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

The ones that lots of Bosch battery tools use.

Strangely, the vacuum cleaner and the radio (both of which I have) are not mentioned. We have strimmer, drill/driver, circular saw, jigsaw ...

Reply to
Bob Eager

No real problems with our Dyson V6. Eventually of course the battery fail but that's easily changed. The dust canister is a bit small.

Reply to
bert

Our Dyson V8 Animal fell apart after 14 months. Got a full refund.

As with most items you don't find out their good & bad points until you actually use them so we bought a Vax Blade which was 1/3 price. Pluses - Good suction, long battery life, even with the powered brush head. We haven't managed to drain the battery yet. Minuses - Slightly stiff connectors, anyone with arthritic hands would probably struggle Filter cleaning required every second use for which I use another vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
wasbit

I need a researchable for all the times my wife manages to suck up bits I'm working on. Quite messy breaking into a bag.

Reply to
AnthonyL

+1

Now on second "third party" battery. The first lasted longer than the guarantee on the OEM one (at double the price).

Reply to
newshound

I have the Bosch blue one. Its ok but needs very regular cleaning. TBH I was disappointed in it

Reply to
fred

A hand held vac that searches out the dust :-) Maybe he needs a robotic vac

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew