Subject Author Posted Replies

Golf ball lamps.
Notice the tungsten type are now NLA new - TLC no longer sell them. Given they tend to be used where the look of the actual lamp matters - like say round a mirror - a poor show, unless you're going to...
26
26

OT: Been scammed.
Bought a model maker's saw bench as advertised on FaceBook. Was a very good price - but who knows what such things actually cost to mass produce? What turned up was the saw blade only. Just a simple...
33
33

Oven door closer
So. The heat had been leaking like a hot thing out of the gap behind the oven door and we changed the rubber door seal which has helped somewhat but has not cured the problem. The door does not press...
10
10

Floorboards - nail or screw
I'm replacing floorboards having rewired underneath - nail or screw ? what are the pluses and minuses of each? Plan to paint it, so would that make the screws unscrewable? PZ2 or another kind of head?...
21
21

Anglian Defender 3000 parts
Anyone been able to source parts for the Defender 3000 ? I am trying to find the plastic casing for a window shock sensor. The sunlight had made the plastic so brittle one has shattered. I have all...
2
2

Gate hinge nuts
I have a gate hinge which is supplied with a long double strap that fits along and over the top horizontal member of the gate and is bolted through it. The nuts supplied are a circular, threaded dome...
7
7

Portable A/C vent into fireplace?
I've had a quote for 'proper' air con, i'm not spending 2.5k. A portable one would be satisfactory (had one elsewhere in the past & very pleased with it) but there's a pipe that needs venting to...
77
77

House Render
Many houses with rendered frotage look a bit shabby. However, I have noticed some new builds and renovations look different - as though a new technique is used - crisp sharp corners and flat faces....
3
3

Fixing to tarmac
We have a drain at corner of the house which consistently gets blocked with seeds from surrounding trees. In the past Ive placed one of these not that exact model but that type. First problem was wind...
8
8

Replacement CH boiler - internal plumbing plastic?
I'm replacing my 25 year old oil Camray boiler with a Grants condensing one. The return pipe (22mmm) particularly will now go from close to the bottom of the housing to the top involving 3 right angle...
16
16

Opening router ports?
Hello, We are setting up some point of sale at work. Apparently the client PCs can't get to the server PC and port 1443 needs to be open. Does this need to be open on the router? I'd have thought that...
16
16

Bosch spares
My brain hurts! Anyone found a source for Bosch electric tool spares. The only one found that actually recognises the part number gives a price roughly half that of a new saw (armature needed) and...
14
14

Sticky Black Rubber
Has anyone had any success in neutralising the sticky black 'rubber' that manifests itself after several years on Chinese equipment. I have a large torch from Aldi with a rubber handle, rubberised...
23
23

OT: Floating across a river using helium balloons?
does he plan to control altitude? David Blaine will attempt to fly through the air holding balloons from New Jersey to New York for his first death-defying stunt in nearly a decade. David Blaine will...
43
43