Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Dell displays
Anyone familiar with the Dell P2421DC? I'm trying to get the USB ports (four of them) to work. The manual says to connect a USB-C cable between the display and a similar port on the computer. It's...
10
10

Solar electricity
One of my lads has just asked me to comment on these me as about enough to provide lighting for a small stables, and nothing else. I'm going to do some more calcs later but thought I'd see what the...
35
35

White towel rail paint/enamel crazing
The bathroom towel rail, which is white (not chrome) and nearly 10 years old has the paint crazing on some of the rails. These are the ones used for drying face cloths. This is not what I would expect...
10
10

"Sandtex"-type paint flaking in huge areas from mortar rendering
Our house is brick, coated with mortar rendering that has been painted with Sandtex or something similar: sand in white external emulsion paint. The house was built in 1993, so the mortar and maybe...
2
2

Plusnet email down
Some customers may be experiencing difficulties when logging into their Plusnet email account. We are working really hard to fix this as quickly as
32
32

OT : FACEBOOK HACKED ! ! ! ! !
My facebook account has been hacked, and the hacker has changed the password leaving me helpless I can't login I can't delete the account There seems ot be no way of getting in touch with facebook...
7
7

Filling patches where a coat of emulsion has pulled off
When I remove wallpaper it's common for patches of the underlying emulsion to come off, which are then visible when painted. Over the years I've tried polyfilla and feathering the edges but it never...
4
4

Balancing Radiators
Looking for advice/recommendations on which type of instrument to do a more scientific balancing. Total of 17 radiators. Upstairs standard 13mm bore downstairs 8mm microbore apart form conservatory...
5
5

RING alarms and CCTV
The ring alarm base has some sort of battery backup for the alarm but where is the CCTV stored? Cloud? Or to be more precise if the wifi has no power then will it record fuck all?
3
3

Off topic as usual. Drax farce
BBC Look North this lunchtime More outrageous bias from ?The world?s most trusted broadcaster? The lead story was that Drax is going to stop burning coal completely, and will only burn wood chip....
4
4

benchtop drill for woodwork
Is there a good benchtop arrangement for repetitive drilling into wood. I have a pillar drill and it seems sooo desperately inconvenient, top heavy, laborious to wind the table up and down, totally...
3
3

[OT] [GW] Why the current CO2 narrative is flawed, and an alternate hypothesis
It's 80 minutes long, and highly scientific. "Demystifying the Atmospheric Greenhouse Effect: Toward a New Physical Paradigm in Climate Science" "A critical analysis of the Greenhouse Effect concept,...
25
25

A wiring question.
You have a situation where two circuits go to the same fitting. Like say a two gang switch in the hall for upstairs and downstairs lights, where each is on a different circuit. Do you simply link all...
8
8

Utterly OT: How weird is Lincolnshire?
The murder victim was called Buncis. The murderer was Grzeszcz But, "Det Ch Insp Richard Myszczyszyn" ? Has the reporter's cat been walking on the keyboard, whilst he was making a cup of tea?
12
12

Re: Great Famine of 1315?1317