Utterly OT: How weird is Lincolnshire?

The murder victim was called Buncis.

The murderer was Grzeszcz

But, "Det Ch Insp Richard Myszczyszyn" ?

Has the reporter's cat been walking on the keyboard, whilst he was making a cup of tea?

Reply to
GB

Good Polish names those! :-) They're not actually all that difficult to pronounce if you know the rules. Unlike English the rules do tell you pretty exactly how to pronounce any Polish word from the spelling.

Reply to
Chris Green

I doubt anyone raised an eyebrow in the county when Polish bomber crews risked their lives over Nazi Germany.

Lincolnshire...Home of Bomber Command...

Reply to
Spike

Ooh, I'd be interested in that!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I deduce you've not been to Boston for a while.

Reply to
Robin

Poland was used as the catalyst to started the war.

Reply to
Sysadmin

google these names then.

Marian Rejewski, Henryk Zygalski and Jerzy Ró?ycki

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Indeed. Very important people.

Reply to
Bob Eager

German expansionism was the catalyst that started the war, after a diet of 'guns before butter' and 'lebensraum'.

Reply to
Spike

I wouldn't be surprised if this fella was involved..

Clive Arthur

There's proper Lincolnshire where some of us can pass for nearly normal .....

But this tragedy happened in Boston which is truly a different place - one where, to borrow a phrase from Phil Rickman, night doesn't fall. It rises....

Reply to
Scribbles

Have you ever been to Norfolk?

Reply to