benchtop drill for woodwork

Is there a good benchtop arrangement for repetitive drilling into wood. I have a pillar drill and it seems sooo desperately inconvenient, top heavy, laborious to wind the table up and down, totally without fence, supports for larger pieces, end stops.

TW

Reply to
TimW

In message <smdlnq$qmq$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, TimW snipped-for-privacy@nothanks.com writes

I use G cramps to create temporary fences.

Biggest problem with using my old ex works machine is oil leaks from the gearbox getting on to the work!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I know what you mean. And most budget pillar drills are a bit restrictive as to the height of the work piece.

One thing that did makes things easier here is an adjustable height 'bed' some way from the drill, so at least you can keep long bits of wood square more easily.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Most of the normally solutions seem to be to create an axillary to mount on the drill table (or to replace it) that includes a fence and stops etc.

Here is a fairly straight forward one:

John Rumm