OT : FACEBOOK HACKED ! ! ! ! !

My facebook account has been hacked, and the hacker has changed the password leaving me helpless

I can't login

I can't delete the account

There seems ot be no way of getting in touch with facebook themselves

Meanwhile, all my friends are getting annoying messages

Reply to
gareth evans

Well that must be a relief! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

Who do think is responsible Gareth?

Reply to
Sysadmin

I had this earlier this year:

John, your account has been locked We've seen unusual activity on your account. This may mean that someone has used your account without your knowledge. Account locked on May 20, 2021 To protect you, your profile is not visible to people on Facebook and you can't use your account.

It was a good opportunity to leave the account in limbo.

Reply to
Sysadmin

"I think my Facebook account was hacked or someone is using it without my permission."

Better hope the email it was registered with, is still working. There's probably a message waiting for you.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I feel Facebook is pretty good such as if you login from a new device. Any changes are sent by email. I can't see any serious issues in this case.

Given Facebook know so much about you, using a real email address, which is in constant use, is hardly a hardship.

Reply to
Fredxx

Having said that he says others are being messaged by it, so I'd guess this is not the case here. Though they irk me, the best thing is to say forgot my password, and then it will ask you for some other info. I'm not sure what they are doing right now, they used to ask for a mobile number or special question that only you know the answer to. Its unlikely that they have this info, so then one of two things will happen it will get locked and he other person will not get in either, or you will get back control, but you will have to change the password and it would be a good idea to change whatever else you used to log in. Often this happens if your username and password are easy to guess of course. Just as well it was not a shopping site. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Have any of your friends noticed the difference, Gareth?

Reply to
Bernie