Facebook/ Messenger.com and Wish

I don't normally use either application, though I do have a Facebook account, which also seems to be the same account used in Messenger. What's the connection between these two please?

The thing is, I 'bought' a couple of £1 items on wish.com, the email from which directs you to messenger.com, into which it logged in with my Facebook account details and brought up a (short) list of my Facebook friends and Facebook messages.

I was just curious about Wish.com so decided to take a look, spotted two items at give away prices of £1 each plus £1 delivery - if you win them(?). I clicked on buy, paid via Paypal. It said something about knowing if I have 'won' them or not within 24 hours, except its been 48 hours and I still don't now whether I won or not. The system just says 'processing by 22nd October 2019' No sign of any Paypal refunds for not 'winning' the items - so have I 'won' or not?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Never heard of wish.com before but a bit of searching shows that it is legit but delivery can be slow as most goods are coming from China. Personally I?d never use a social media account to create an account with a company. That data of yours is a sellable product!

Incidentally facebook own messenger.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Most adverts I see from wish seem like low-rate JML items, I've seen reviews in youtube where what turns up is second hand and/or fake PC components.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Tim+ was thinking very hard :

That's why I don't use Facebook much

That explains it thanks...

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

There terms of service are remarkably one-sided. They try to repudiate any responsibilty for anything that their sellers do, while making the most onerous demands on their customers. For instance, one that caught my eye is that you must undertake to use your "most current" email address for their service, whatever that means.

I would not in any circumstances use their service, especially as a quick glance suggests that what they are selling is junk.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

if it seems too good to be true than it usually is, especially when advertised on Facebook

Most goods advertised on Facebook seem to be very overpriced. Often you can find the same items on Amazon or Ebay at a fifth of the price.

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m was thinking very hard :

Thanks all. No, they are not advertising on Facebook, they are just using FB or rather Messenger for messaging.

I didn't win the bargains, but now I have had a full refund, inc. delivery. I thik the way there bargains work where you have to 'win' them, is that many might not have a Facebook account, so will not bother claiming the refund. They do not seem to refund without your having to go into Messenger and actually click to reclaim your payment. Rather than the 24 hours suggested, it was 48 hours.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Its like cold callers, just ignore them. I do not use mugbook myself and anything they spawn needs to be investigated, as they obviously dropped the ball so many times on data tracking that nobody trusts them as far as they can see them. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff