Fixed or sliding hinge fixings for integrated fridge/freezer?

There is plenty of information online describing what the difference is between fixed hinges (door carried by the appliance) and sliding hinges (door carried by the carcass) for integrated fridge/freezers but I haven't come across any discussion of pros and cons of each. Can anyone shed any light?

For what it's worth, the carcass I'll be using will be this one from DIY Kitchens:

Mathew Newton

I would expect the answer to depend on the appliance.

In the case of our washing machine the cupboard door is mounted on the appliance and has to be opened in order to open the washing machine. In the case of our dishwasher the door is mounted on the dishwasher and is the only thing that has to be opened to take plates in and out of the dishwasher.

Reply to
Michael Chare