Facebook. (2023 Update)

I don't normally use antisocial media, but I'm exploring various FB groups that are against IX wireless / 6G Internet.

I am using Windows 10 and Chrome browser to post, but how can I space my paragraphs with a blank line, if the carriage return key insists on posting the incomplete message?

(I told you I wasn't a typical FB user).

Reply to
Graham.

=_Part_0_62707265.1690207600611 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks everyone, I knew I'd get a sensible answer here.

Reply to
Graham.

Does shift-enter or ctrl-enter behave differently?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ctrl + Carriage Return.

You think that's odd then try formatting something with Tabs!

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Press Crtl and Return at the same time for a line return without posting.

Reply to
alan_m

Shift+Enter is your friend.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I don't venture into there, but sadly (as my family use it) I have to use the similar/same crap editor in What'sapp. I go into curmudgeon mode every time I'm obliged to use it.

Reply to
Bob Henson

CTRL + Enter and Shift + Enter are the usual suspects. Note that in some web forms you can format text in an local editor and then paste in the words. That will also sometimes retain the paragraph breaks.

Reply to
John Rumm

It's the same on whatsapp. There CTRL CR works instead of just CR

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or you can use a browser extension like "Edit with Sublime Text" that allows you to simply click on the text entry with the right mouse button and gives you a menu that allows you to edit the text locally with an editor of your choice (not just Sublime). On saving the text in the editor it gets put back into the text box automatically.

I use this on Linux with an editor called vile (a vi clone, like vim) which I use for absolutely everything so I'm very familiar with it.

Reply to
Chris Green

You may not be able to enter some characters in its editor. I encounter this on nextdoor.com as well, which is a bit of a mess at the best of times, looking like its been designed by 20 programmers not talking to each other.. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff