Is this true about HD ????

Page 3 of 15
Doug Miller wrote:

never heard of N and S America, eh?

accroding to your convoluted description then they are all Americans. they are all Americans, get it now? if you wish to be more descriptive then they are Mexicans, Brazilians, and US citizens

so now you're saying Canada is not in N America? Govt schools again.

How old are you?
Doug Kanter wrote:

I'm betting your age is a higher number!
Mys Terry wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

full grown ass. Isn't this still spring break for many?

Certainly I have. But never one called simply "America".

Reading comprehension is not one of your strengths, I see.

No, they're not, as I said above. Re-read as necessary until you understand.

I said nothing of the sort, as anyone with normal skills at reading and comprehending written English will immediately recognize.

Oh, is that your explanation/excuse for your poor reading comprehension? Or is English not your first language?
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote: ..

Per the American Heritage Dictionary:
American (.-mr"-k.n) adj. Abbr. A., Amer. 1. Of or relating to the United States of America or its people, language, or culture. 2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere. 3. Of or relating to any of the Native American peoples. 4. Indigenous to North or South America. Used of plants and animals. --American n. Abbr. A., Amer. 1. A native or inhabitant of America. 2. A citizen of the United States. --Amer"icanness n.
Do read #2
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

American 2. Of or relating to North or South America............ I rest my case.

OK. You're right. Now, how are we going to arrange for all those Americans south of the equator to vote in our next election?

Why would Americans vote in the US election, it is for US citizens only? Oh and don't forget about the Americans that are north of us, they can't vote in our election either. Those dad blasted govt schools again!

Well, earlier in this scholarly debate, perfesser Spike2 suggested that "American-ness" in his hemisphere went beyond mere geography and labels - he implied that people in places like Bolivia were part of our political system, and that various political entities in the individual countries was meaningless. When I called him on this, he either changed the subject, or started acting childish and hurling insults. So, at this point, I'm just toying with the perfesser.
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:52:23 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

I don't recall him ever saying anything of the kind.

Read the entire thread again, up to the point where he abandoned the idea, sort of.
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:12:33 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Just post the relevant quote. Otherwise, he never said it.

Sounds like you're as lazy or busy as I am. I'm not your secretary. Re-read the thread.
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:23:10 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

I just re-read every one of Spike2's posts in this thread. He never even came remotely close to saying or even implying what you are claiming.

Here's where he ventured into the absurd:
==========================> There's a big difference between what's correct in terms of geography, and

no to me ========================== See the paragraph beginning with "There's a big"? That's mine.
See the "no to me"? That's his response.
He is suggesting that everyone who lives on the continents which include the word "America" share national & political loyalties, and ways of thinking, with the citizens of the United States. If you agree with this, you're just being silly, or playing games here.
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:07:41 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Man are you dense. He was disagreeing (as he has consistently) with your absurd (and incorrect) stance that "American" always and only means "US Citizen". You have been cock-eyed on this subject from the get-go.
The thread started concerning dual languages in store signage. Apparently they do not include whatever language is native to you.

Go ask a hundred people from countries in South America, Central America and Canada what word they use to describe their nationality. Let me know how that goes.