Pegasus Faucet (Home Depot Brand)

I purchased a Pegasus bathroom sink faucet and shower fixture with the rubbed bronze finish. The finish is coming off of both fixtures. The finish a guaranteed for life and customer service has been quick to send out replacement trim kits for the shower. ( I returned the lav faucet and bought a Delta). I am on my third trim kit. I took the trim back to Home Depot and they are at a loss to explain why the finish is coming off. Wherever the water touches, the finish is coming off. It is more the top layer clear coat they spray on that is coming off. I am on city water and have had no problems with the Moen finish this one replaced. I also have a Kohler in the kitchen that has had no problems with the finish. Has anyone had similar problems? Any ideas why the finish is coming off. Home Depot and Pegasus customer service say they have had no complaints form any other customers and have sold a lot a Pegasus with the rubbed bronze finish.

Reply to
rmulek

[...]

Return it to Home Depot, go to a plumbing supply house, and buy another brand. If the new one has the same problem (which I doubt it will), then get your water tested.

Reply to
Bob

The only reason I have avoided that is I will have to cut a hole in the sheetrock in the kids bedroom to access the pipes. There is no access panel and the wall is not in a closet. I may have no choice however. I was hoping others had a similar problem with Pegasus and maybe had some ideas as to why this would happen in the first place and how to stop it.

Reply to
rmulek

You have actually given a very good reason to cut the hole now, because you can do a real nice job. If you wait for an emergency, you may not have that kind of time.

Reply to
Bob