Anti Slip Product/Treatment for Outdoor Tile?

I purchased a house with a tiled walkway to the front door and a tiled patio floor (same tile). I've had family members slip on both areas of tile when the tile was wet or their feet were wet. I need to act fast to make this tile non slippery before someone gets injured.

Can someone recommend a do it yourself product? I have searched for products using Google, but most products need to be installed by the "company". The other few I find are out of the country or say they might leave a white color residue on the tile. The tile is a beige/white color, but would prefer a treatment that won't leave any type of discoloration.

Reply to
Glenster

I am unaware of any DYI products especially when you add in discoloration. Basically the products I have seen are sand glued to the surface. We use some at work, of course there we could care about the color as long as the surface is not slippery. One product uses ground up tire bits like sugar granuals. Reasonably cushy on the walking. We use that product in front of the electrical switch gear. After application it causes heck with the maintenance guys and the drums that they like to put in front of the switches.

No matter what you put down the sun will eventually change the color or it will wear off.

If you find a product please let us know.

Reply to
SQLit

Home Depot sells a product for tile. I used it in my shower on slippery tiles and it works like a dream. I can't remember the name but it comes in a small bottle and it's white liquid. You apply it to the tile, sweep it around to cover the area and then let it sit for about 15 minutes before you wash it off. It slightly etches the surface. I did it 5 years ago and the tile is still not slippery. Just ask one of the HD associates (if you can find one).

Reply to
JerryL