Anti-slip product for pathway.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is an off-the-shelf product for treating/coating some rather smooth and slippery flag stones. They are getting very hazardous in the wet weather. I beleive they are york-stone if that make a difference.

The type of product I imagine might help would consist of a fine gritty shingle and an adhesive.

TIA

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Rocol safe step

Badger

As a side point, Rocol make a great "chain and drive spray" - works wonders on locks (they`ll never ice up in winter again !)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

IMHE, Jeyes Fluid and a stiff scrubbing brush makes a useful difference. York stone is a reasonable surface on its own, it's algae that causes the trouble. Pressure washing is great for a week, then worse than ever (it encourages algal growth, as they love that nice new porous surface).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

sand blast or pressure wash them.

Or even just use patio cleaner and a hose.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

that's the sort of product I had in mind but was hoping it would not come in grey, red or yellow, but in clear/grit colours/textures.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

A clear glue / varnish / paint with added sand / grit / dirt?

Reply to
zaax

Had a problem with an old stone doorstep, well two steps, that got very slippery when wet. We mixed sand with clear non-gloss (polyurethane?) varnish and simply painted it on. Worked a treat.

Reply to
Sim C.

Ain't much help to you by the sound of it since you had flagstones but my mate used some sort of adhesive tape stuff that had grit within it on his decking that went uphill a bit. There may be some tape stuff that may suit the colour of your flagstones - the one he used looked grey which probably would have blended into a patio.

Pete

Reply to
nospam