Anti-slip for shower tray

I need to make two acrylic shower trays less slippery for the users. These have the standard sort of dimple pattern. In the USA I have often seen shower trays with strips of a rough material on them that is rather like waterproof sandpaper. I have searched on the net and found various types and makes available in the UK. If anyone has practical experience of this I would like to hear about it. Obviously the surface needs to be well cleaned before application. The other concern is if it is practical to apply it to a tray with raised dimples so that it stays put. I am aware that there are various mats available but these have not proved satisfactory because of the difficulty in keeping them clean. TIA

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

I have used anti-fatigue matting cut to size this 'could' be fixed. I find that it is easy to clean and warm underfoot. Not sure if suitable for elderly or infirm! Costco have matting about 7GBP a pack

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

Thanks for rthe suggestion Paul but the users are elderly and infirm so it has to be a fit and forget solution.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

How about - apply a coat of acrylic varnish, lightly sprinkle with sand and leave to dry, vacuum off loose sand, apply another coat of acrylic varnish. This might be a mad idea, in which case someone will be along in a minute to shout at me :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

3M do a bath-tub safety strip - any good?
Peter Taylor

Peter Crosland presented the following explanation :

I don't know what it is called, but have you thought about using the none slip paint as used on boat decks? It has almost a rough sand paper finish to it once dry.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Whilst I am grateful for the suggestions, as mentioned in my original post I need answers from people with actual experience of doing the work. This is particularly important since it not my own showers trays that I need to get the work done on. Further information would be welcome but only if you have first hand knowledge. TIA

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I bought some cartoon flower shape stick-on pads in my local ironmongers. No idea what they were called, as they lasted many years, so it is now a long while back. They had a rubberised top surface, with a self-adhesive base and they were conformable, so the moulded-in pattern presented no problems.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

The non-slip deck paint is like rough sand-paper ... :( when we tried this on a small yacht it wore through jeans faster than I could buy new ones. It is non-slip but vicious! I wouldn't like to stand on it in bare wet feet.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

You're obviously paying far too much reverence to the skipper. Genuflection is usually regarded as more than sufficient, and it's much less wear on the jeans.

Reply to
Ian White