Is this true about HD ????

Page 12 of 15

The various tribes had immigration LAWS in place. Who knew?
Keith Williams wrote:
..

Define beginning.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
sligojoe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Population = 0
--
Keith

In article <EEyYf.78212$UZ5.35382
says...

Bigot .... uncalled for.

You've missed an entire piece of this discussion, including the point where I said that my remark was sarcasm. Set up your news reader to follow the thread.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

My news reader threads just fine. Re your remark on sarcasm ... ever hear of net-lag.

Actually, yes. My stupid ISP calls it a "feature" of their news server, and claims customers can get around it by pre-heating their ovens and wearing green socks. Sorry about the criticism.
I wonder how many "Americans" who travel abroad learn the other languages (fluently) of the countries they reside in for anywhere from a few weeks to a few years?
Sounds like a bad case of intolerence to me. These people are trying to eat and feed their families. My wife's ancestors came from Poland. They never lost their accents till they died. They never learned fluent English, but they got by. The kids learned "American" English, which is often not that great anyway.
Stretch
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Mine, like most, had nether servants or merchants who spoke their native language.

Neither did mine. As a result, I'm pretty happy that there were merchants who displayed some information in other languages (which, in case everyone's forgotten, was the original subject of this discussion - Home Depot's Great Sin).
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Me too.
One of my beefs is, *some* emigrants make little effort to speak/learn English and believe that it is their *right* that everyone else conduct business in their foreign language.

I've got a better beef. Every presidential candidate should be vetted by a panel of, say, 12 high school teachers. If even one of them says "Who IS this asshole? Did he actually attend classes at any point after first grade?", the candidate is rejected.
Until that happens, I don't care what language anyone wants to speak when they come here.

Yeah lets put the people who are making the US one of the least educated countries in the world and graduating a fair number of functional illiterates in charge of deciding who the pres. candidates should be. THAT is a good idea.. NOT.

Teachers are doing that??? Too simple.
Here - I think you'll enjoy this: http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/invasion.html
Doug Kanter wrote:

Great way to have a one-party country.
--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.

If that's what it takes, then...oh well.
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net says...

So, when my local government prints voters guides and ballots in Chinese, they're pandering to Hispanics?
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
says...

Let's see....they print them in Chinese because Chinese citizens contribute something positive to the society, and pay taxes. I wonder why some people have problems extending that concept to Hispanics? Or, "Hispanicals", as a certain George likes to say.

Actually I am wondering why. It should be a non-issue as I mentioned in another post.
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Joseph,
I have to agree with the majority here, they should learn English and be here legally. Someone wrote lettace would go up to $3 from $1, well that's OK if their unpaid medical bills go down from $1000's to zero. By the way, I went by my HD here in S.GA and proud to report that a large US flag is flying in the center top of the building and I didn't really notice any Spanish on the signs inside.......Thank God !!!!