Subject Author Posted Replies

Recommendations for a storage shed kit?
Be careful how you build. Where I live, if sheds have footings and a concrete floor, the square footage is calculated and the structure is taxed at the same rate as a house.  OTOH, build a...
45
45

Sharpening swiss army knives
Has the steel that Victorinox uses gotten cheaper over the years? I have an excellent knife sharpener that gives a razor edge on other knives but not on the Swiss Army knife. Andy
19
19

unrepairable lawnmower what would you try next
Starts and dies is usually a fuel problem. Is the tank vented?
71
71

Drillin' big holes
  9" in diameter big holes . Thru rocky ground with a lot of roots . And 24" deep , but I didn't do it by hand this time , I rented a powered auger .  Things I learned include when you feel the...
10
10

OT lawn tractor seat repair
I'm wondering how to re-upholster my lawn tractor seat .. It's a Deere ... green & yellow tones are good .. :-) John PHOTOS SERVED FROM THE AUCTION ADVERTISER PHOTOS SERVED FROM THE AUCTION ADVERTISER...
8
8

Water is heard running in bathrooms in the back of the house
Water is only heard when the water heater is heating water , which is often. Water bill has increased about double the normal amount. This is a gas water heater.
4
4

Evaporative cooler blower wiring?
We don't know what unit this even is or have it to look at. Have you looked for a wiring diagram that is often on the back of a panel or stuffed inside as a folded up piece of paper? Looked online? If...
8
8

OT: Video of 737 Runaway Trim Procedure in a Simulator
No need to go any further with you, village idiot troll! Of course it was deliberately invoked, that's how they train for it fool. How can one dope be wrong on so many things? 737 is a heavy (It's not...
5
5

Phone Companies Are Finally Doing Something About Our Robocall Hell
Calls between the carriers were authenticated in a March 5 test using a protocol called SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) and STIR (Secure Telephone Identity...
3
3

Nebraska residents find beer fridge washed up in field after flooding subsides
PICS; <>"...The cooler had traveled four miles downstream from a cabin owned by the Healy family." The fridge was packed full of Bud Light and Busch Light, and even the ice maker was still full. The...
1
1

Septic tank aerators?
Seems like mine is dead. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the motor mounted above ground where the humidity would be lower? Instead it is hanging in the hole.
7
7

Electrical Inspections, Nebraska floods, FAQ
This leads to a pdf explaining the basic stuff: <> Anything below the high water mark needs to be replaced. There will be a lot of really busy people over the next few months. It seems odd that a...
4
4

short height tube surround?
Hi All, I'm working on a concrete block rental. Replaced the bathtub, but now I need to find a short tub surround ..... maybe 4" or 6" tall. I want to allow the water to flow down the painted concrete...
8
8

Lubricants
What are the best lubricants (not WD40) that sliding windows and patio doors?
10
10