Lubricants

What are the best lubricants (not WD40) that sliding windows and patio doors?

Reply to
lloyd001234

I use silicone spray, if needed, for that. But decent, modern windows and sliding doors really shouldn't need it.

Reply to
trader_4

Teflon spray

Clean the tracks and R/R rollers that are damaged.

Reply to
Oren

NOT white lithium - it cakes and holds dirt.

Are the windows vinyl, aluminum or wood?

Generally patio doors should NOT be lubed - they run on rollers on a track. If they get stiff it is often because of bad rollers - or dirt buildup on the tracks due to grease buildup.

Whatever you use on windows needs to be compatible with whatever plastics are part of the window mechanism (The solvent in some silicone sprays can adversely affect the plastic pivots on some vinyl windows - don't ask how I know!!!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Huh? Attract more dirt and dust and complicate the window/door operator movement.

Try again, Jr.

Reply to
Oren

A caution I would give too. Quick look at safety data sheets for WD30, silicone and Teflon showed all to use aliphatic hydrocarbons which do not dissolve PVC but there are numerous common solvents that do and some of these sprays might contain them.

I have had to caution my wife about sprays on our Trex deck. Someone told me that his wife sprayed suntan lotion on their grandson standing on their Trex deck and ended up with foot outlines etched into the deck.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Caribou are such cute, gently animals. That you Canadians grind them up and make them into auto wax is despicable.

Reply to
trader_4