Spray lubricants

I'm almost afraid to ask this after the WD-40 triology that we just had. OK, I've go to my courage up now - what is your favorite, widely available

*spray* lubricant? I have been using a Dupont, Teflon spray that is fair to middlin'. What's your favorite, *other than* WD-40 - we'll just assume that it's someone's favorite. ;-)
Reply to
C & E

I've been using industrial chain lubricant lately on all sorts of mechanical things. It's heavy, it clings to and penetrates moving parts. It's quite useful.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

For chains, use the Dupont Teflon spray sold at Lowe's, "

" or one of the lubricants designed specifically for chains, i.e. PJ1 Black Label Chain Lube.

Reply to
SMS

I've had good results with PB Blaster, at Napa auto parts, and more recently Home Depot. Anything with that unprofessional can is probably pretty good. It's pretty good.

Others swear by Castle Thrust.

Also good results with Snap brand silicone. The silicone (1.79 a can) from walmart has very little silicone. I sprayed a bicycle chain one time. The solvent rinsed off the chain oil, and the silicone was non functioning. The chain set up like a rock. By that time, the bike was out of state, gone home with the boy who got a bike for a present. I felt like a real ass, at that moment.

I've had reasonable results with the Kroil line. And Deep Lube worked well, but not sure it's available any more.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Tri Flow is a Teflon based lube that works really well. Silicone spray is good for some things, but should not be used around cars as it can kill your O2 sensor really quick.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I use 50:50 30w motor oil and mineral spirits to clean up rusty tools. It sprays pretty good out of a spray bottle.

Reply to
gfretwell

I had a similar bicycle chain problem using some Teflon mold release spray that someone was tossing out and gave to me. It really made the chain look clean and function well but without oil the chain rusted rapidly.

Reply to
Frank

Sailkote

Reply to
salty

Well it depends on the application. I use a lot of zep 2000, comes out like water, then gels into a grease. Great for chains, garage door rollers, etc. I also use a fair amount of PB blaster.

Steve Barker

Did yours break a little boy's heart?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

snipped-for-privacy@news.pa.net...

me

Totally agree...been using it for 25+years! Other posts, OP says "Spray Lubricant"...PbB and LPS1 are not very good at lubricating.

Reply to
pheeh.zero

It was my bike.

Reply to
Frank

3-in-1 makes a spray lubricant that is quite good. A can lasts me more than 10 years for me, because I prefer the more choice non-spray type lubricants.
Reply to
Phisherman