short height tube surround?

Hi All,
I'm working on a concrete block rental.
Replaced the bathtub, but now I need to find a short tub surround ..... maybe 4" or 6" tall. I want to allow the water to flow down the painted concrete wall and jump over the top lip of the tub. The previous tub had the tub top lip covered by white silicone.
Any idea where I could find something like this?
Thx.
On 3/19/2019 4:11 PM, MarkK wrote:

Is this a ghetto property? Put in a proper surround that is easier cleaned and healthier.
Your idea sounds like a slumlord special made with saran wrap and caulk.
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 17:04:57 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yes, this is a ghetto property.
These people are unbelievably destructive -- they tear out plumbing, electrical and pretty much anything that can be damaged. I installed a new screen door and later watched from a 100 feet away as a man smoking a cigarette walked up to the screen door and started poking his cig thru the fiberglass screen -- making a bunch of holes. I installed a new steel door and another man apparently took it as a challenge that he could bend the hinges by swinging on the door. He succeeded.
A full size surround would probably cost $300 or more to get a heavy duty version. I've seen a short surround like I described but I have no idea where they bought it from. Maybe they just routed some plastic lumber and attached it anchors and a nice clean bead of caulk?
On 3/19/2019 6:24 PM, MarkK wrote:

In that case, saran wrap and caulk. Yeak, there probably is some sort of platic material you can glue inplace, like the plastic wood for trim.
On 3/19/19 5:24 PM, MarkK wrote:

What about making your own from pvc panels? Fasten it to the concrete with concrete anchor screws or use adhesive. Use silicone at the top to seal it to the concrete. I'm drawing a blank on the proper terms right now. One can get caps and corner pieces for that stuff so it wouldn't look too terrible. One could probably even carefully use a hack saw with a fine toothed blade.
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:04:26 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

PVC panels? Caps sounds like plumbing but I draw a blank on corner pieces. Is this fencing? Please excuse my ignorance.
PVC material sounds perfect for this application.
On 3/19/19 7:40 PM, MarkK wrote:

Search for pvc panel cap and pvc panel corner. There are probably better terms but they escape me right now.
On 3/19/2019 7:40 PM, MarkK wrote:

  I think what you want is called "FRP" , fiberglass reinforced panels . Used a lot in the back hallways of malls and other industrial type places . They make plastic capping strips for the top and inside corner moldings for , well , inside corners . Call your local lumber yard for guidance .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Immediately increase your security deposit. Throw them out. Is this Section 8?
--
Tekkie