Best windows?

What is the best brand of windows? I am building a new house.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Andersen

Reply to
Dave

Pella

Reply to
Pat

Journal of Light Construction had a long comparison of about six brands of casements. It appeared to me that each had its strong points and each had its weaknesses.

I'd suggest talking to your contractor.

TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

Consumer reports has a good article, there are alot of things to consider depending on where you live and what you need the windows to do, ex block summer sun or allow winter radiation in. You get what you pay for . Look ar Anderson, Marvin. For the winter be sure to compare the CF Condensing Factor, pellas stink in ths regard

Reply to
m Ransley

Any really good one properly installed.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Pella had double and triple pane windows. The double pane windows us a removable pane so shades can be installed between the glass. Condensation is likely and they have a drain hole to handle it. If that is unacceptable, get their triple pane windows with an insulated layer in additon to the removable pane.

Reply to
Art

My builder wants to use windows built by Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co.

Any good?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

I have new, dual pane Low E. argon, Anderson and Pella, the Pellas always condense the Andersons never. CDF is a rating that should be a part of the decision if you humidify in the winter.

Reply to
m Ransley

Builder I know here mentioned without my asking yesterday that he had replaced K & K windows that rotted. Tom Baker Charleston SC

Reply to
Tom Baker