Recommendations for a storage shed kit?

Can anyone recommend a quality storage shed kit? Looking for something around 9ftx16ft. I don't want to build from scratch because I think it would take too long t o make all the cuts and get all the parts. I wouldn't mind putting togethe r a kit , but have read some horror stories on reviews of kits delivered wi th significant damage, missing parts, badly warped wood, etc. All advice appreciated. Regards, Theodore
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:07:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A lot depends on what state you are in and what the building code says.

Local building code is such that as long as I put the shed on blocks (i.e. not a poured concrete foundation floor slab), it doesn't count as a structure that requires inspection.

Same when I put mine in. Did need a permit though, and a sketch of location as it cannot be within 5' of the property line.
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 08:32:02 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

See that is what I am talking about. In Florida your shed has to meet the wind code and anything simply up on blocks is illegal (AKA wind borne debris) ALL sheds require engineering and a permit. They make prefab wind code sheds but they still need an engineered tie down. We see what happens when you don't every time some little dust devil or minor windstorm goes through a northern state. (Like "not quite a storm" Sandy).
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:07:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If I was building a "normal" storage shed today I'd be looking REAL CLOSE at the resin sheds like Royal, Suncast, Rubbermaid, Lifetime, etc.
On 03/25/2019 10:30 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

I've got a resin shed and it's held together good except from one freak microburst that disassembled it. I put it back together with some sturdier fasteners at key points.
I also have one of the sheet metal variety in Arizona that's held up for close to thirty years. If you get one of those, have a helper on hand and pick a still day. They're rugged enough when they are assembled. I put mine together on New Years day. My friend had a major hangover and the wind picks up after sunrise in Arizona. Wasn't fun. A power screwdriver would be good too.
On 3/26/2019 12:30 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:

I've had a Rubbermaid for years. Still holding strong. No worries of rotting, decaying or anything associated with aging wood.

Be careful how you build.
Where I live, if sheds have footings and a concrete floor, the square footage is calculated and the structure is taxed at the same rate as a house.  OTOH, build a pressure-treated floating deck and then build a shed on top of that and you'll avoid additional property taxes
On 03/26/2019 05:02 AM, Nanci Pelosey wrote:

Another advantage is if you bevel the deck beam ends like skis you can drag the shed to another location. Not that anybody ever wished they'd build the shed someplace other than where it is...

I've moved both of my garden sheds 8 x 8 9 x 12 board & batten all by myself - jack & roll easy as pie. And hardly a mark in the lawn. When I built them, I just copied what was on display at the local lumber yard. John T.

tage is calculated and the structure is taxed at the same rate as a house.   OTOH, build a pressure-treated floating deck and then build a shed o n top of that and you'll avoid

Yes, same for me. Therefore, shed will be raised on 4-6 (or however many n eeded) individual concrete blocks. No poured floor slab. No foundation.
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 08:33:21 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Precast concrete sidewalk slabs on grade also work without tax or inspection issues (at least in most places) Anything that makes it not a "permanent structure". Limited in size though - 100 or 120 square foot maximum is common. Rules out the "portable garages" in many areas.
Do you have enough room to do a tilt up? (need wall height and a little more in all directions)
On 03/26/2019 01:21 PM, TimR wrote:

What are you tilting up?

Concrete walls poured locally.
On 03/26/2019 10:47 PM, Jac Brown wrote:

that sounds like a 'hold my beer and watch this' moment.

Most of the single story commercial building is done that way here, by people paid quite a bit more than the minimum wage. A few houses too.
On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 1:03:10 PM UTC-4, Jac Brown wrote:

On something as small as a shed you could probably DIY.
There is also ICF construction but you'd need to hire a concrete truck to pour, I would think.
Either one would give you a very solid shed.

Yeah, the problem is tho with sheds they arent very often sited with the full wall height of space beside each wall.

Hardly anyone mixes concrete with a mixer anymore, even for stuff like a driveway.

Yeah and ICF would work well in places with cold winters and here with stinking hot summers. We can get 10 days in a row over 100F and this summer had 3 of those. Not much fun in a shed that isnt well insulated on days like that,