Storage Shed

I never use plans for my furniture projects, but I find that I may need some for this. I want to build a shed in my backyard and I'm looking for some detailed plans (willing to pay for them). If you know of any that you tried plase let me know.

For the CAD-heads out there if you have any shed CAD drawings you be willing to share please let me know.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

More information please! Form _and_ function.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Not meant to be insulting, but aren't you dumbing down a bit.

A furniture builder asking for shed plans is like a Nascar crew chief asking how to change a tire, no? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Gamble or saltbox roof.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Gable not gamble.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Should a professional piano player be expected to know how to play the tuba?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

No, GAMBREL

Reply to
clare

No , gable. I don't want a barn.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Not a valid comparison.

A professional piano player shouldn't need sheet music to play scales on a marimba.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Now THAT almost got a snort of tea out of my nose.

Actually, putting together a shed economically does require some planning and knowledge or appropriate materials. When I thought I could make some money a few years ago by building on site sheds and shops (I couldn't) I went with a guy that subcontracted the building of the sheds from the vendor.

His plans were so well thought out, he could put an entire shed together including hanging doors, windows, and installing the roof in a day with a helper. His average shed (their best seller) was an

8X10, and at the end of the job he had less than a wheelbarrow of scrap left. To me, that was a thing of beauty.

He built sheds and stand alone rooms built like these:

out of curiosity, I Googled "lawn shed plans" and a ton of sites came up with plans and pictures of the finished products.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Yep I googled too. Probably a lot of crap plans out there. That's why in my original post I requested info on plans that were "tried".

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

You might find something in 3Dwarehouse...

(mind the wrap)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

How about a hammered dulcimer?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

I went to your site and I'm impressed.... and jealous of your table saw.

I'd say it's like Lionel Hampton asking for sheet music to play chopsticks.

That's supposed to be a compliment, but we can agree to disagree.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I could probably make one without plans. It would look normal from the outside and would stand the test of time. However, when you went inside it would probably look like nothing you'd ever seen. I want to be conventional here. And thanks for the compliment!

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Would gambrel work? :)

Reply to
dadiOH

------------------------------------------------------ I need an 8x12 for my mower and random lawn crap. Gamble or saltbox roof.

Norm to the rescue.

Check the NYW site.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

RE: Subject

Forgot to add, do not set a footer unless you want to pull a building permit, meet codes and add to your property tax assessment.

Place shed on some concrete blocks at the corners and avoid the hassle.

Have fun.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thanks Lew. I think I still might need a permit here in NC. I need to look into this (probably depends on the size?).

Reply to
GarageWoodworks