Storage Shed

We spend our winters in TX these days, and I'm afraid the only cure is one we specify for idiocy, "it comes in calibers". (R,D&H)

Seriously, we don't just spend time there, we've transferred our residence to Longview. Can't claim "native Texan" status, but we're becoming assimilated.

BTW - Leon, give me a jingle on the email, this has my correct address.

Norm

Reply to
Nahmie

I am nothing if not a determined cuss. I won't give up the fight. Thanks for the encouragement! I could call my Labor Day brisket Lew in your honor if you like... ;^)

Well hell, yeah. Where do you think we go when we go fishin'? Everyone knows you pack your huntin' rifle and go fishin' down at the river.

I know, I know. We all know you can't shoot fish at the coast, though. You have to have a license for that.

All stuff worth drinking comes in long necks. For the last two years I have been enjoying a torrid love affair with the Shiner Bohemian Style Black Lager, and the Shiner Smokehouse summer beer. I am drinking more Smokehouse on the weekends as it goes great with any kind of food.

But the Black Lager is like a singing siren's song to me. I am glad it became so popular (it is a 100+ year old recipe) that they now make it year round, and have dropped the price to boot.

I loved that dark stuff, but I had never had "raushbier" or smoked beer. The website says they smoke the hops over native mesquite (*gulp* brings a tear to my eye to see that) until they are full of smoke and then they make the beer.

Too strong for most, but if you are a bbq fan like me, it really hits the spot. Still, the Black Lager has me by the shorties, and it is the first beer in a long time I can honestly say I enjoy drinking.

Nah.... you were just supposed to see the tribute to the folks here and enjoy the razzing. I honestly don't know anyone that drinks BL as the heavier beers seem to be more favored here.

But everyone I know loved those commercials.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Absolutely NOT!

Fortunately, if you survive the first 5 years you come out a little taller, more handsome/beautiful, and so much smarter.

At least that is what those that move here say. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

in your honor if you like... ;^)

Why knot?

Mental picture of the Rio Grande in late August comes to mind.

I have been enjoying a torrid love affair with the Shiner Bohemian Style Black Lager, and the Shiner Smokehouse summer beer. I am drinking more Smokehouse on the weekends as it goes great with any kind of food.

But the Black Lager is like a singing siren's song to me. I am glad it became so popular (it is a 100+ year old recipe) that they now make it year round, and have dropped the price to boot.

I loved that dark stuff, but I had never had "raushbier" or smoked beer. The website says they smoke the hops over native mesquite (*gulp* brings a tear to my eye to see that) until they are full of smoke and then they make the beer.

Too strong for most, but if you are a bbq fan like me, it really hits the spot. Still, the Black Lager has me by the shorties, and it is the first beer in a long time I can honestly say I enjoy drinking.

Sounds like an experience worth having.

and enjoy the razzing. I honestly don't know anyone that drinks BL as the heavier beers seem to be more favored here.

BUD LIGHT, Millers, Coors, etc.

Products of a discontented horse.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"There is a bit of conceit displayed by the fellow who saw no difference nor difficulty between the talents and experience required of a Maloof and an experienced Rough Carpenter and presumed a seamless [transition] from the one (application/task) to the other."

I would argue that a furniture maker is no more an expert rough carpenter by default than is a rough carpenter unable to craft fine pieces of furniture as a matter of fact.

I would argue, and thought I had, that there are tricks and abilities honed at either edge of the spectrum that may well advantage each individual as he performs his primary task over the other performing that same task/project for the first time.

I would argue that it is not becoming (conceited?) for either Rough Carpenter or Furniture Maker to proclaim the other avocation an easy transition and that either is actually likely to seek the advice of the other upon deciding to attempt same.

HP

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

I wouldn't "argue" against anything you wrote.

Having enough experience in both to make a completely subjective assessment in the matter, void of any emotionally biased judgment that might imply conceit or arrogance, I simply contend that building a storage shed takes far less skill, acquired knowledge, and overall brainpower than building fine furniture.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Well said; Shiner's Black Lager is a definite work of art. Love it!

Reply to
Steve Turner

One often sees the bumper sticker: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here soon as I could"

Reply to
HeyBub

Only one state has more water - Alaska. We have lots of lakes.

We might have had more if the Tr> wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Since Michigan is bordered by Lake Michigan, Lake Superior and Lake Huron, they might be tempted to challenge the above.

Add in L Erie & L Ontario and you have 25% of the world's supply of fresh water.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett