What is the elastic strap for.

To the fonts of all knowledge, a question:

I just bought a windbreaker, made in China probably, nylon, lightweight, with a zippered-in hood and pockets for both hands.

The right hand pocket has a two pieces of elastic, about an inch wide, white, with plastic hooks/clips at each end that interlock, each 8 inches long. They're attached inside the pocket and long enough to come out of the pocket.

What are they for??

I borrowed a baby to see if it was a convenient way to carry one, you know better than on one's back or chest, making hanging from the side. But that did not work well. His toes kept dragging on the ground. I'm out of ideas.

Reply to
micky

8 inches long when relaxed or stretched? If it can be stretched to a reasonable length, I would guess that they are for house keys or similar that you want to have in your pocket, so that you can use them, but not lose them. I've never seen it though.
Reply to
trader_4

It's an anti pickpocket device in case you go to a DNC ralley.

Reply to
devnull

When relaxed.

The hooks at the end are as wide as the elastic, between 3/4" and an inch. Some key rings, etc. are big enough to take that, but not all.

I'm pretty sure the vendor woudn't know but it was at a public running race and he was gone by the end of the day.

But I'll ask in a store some time.

Reply to
micky

IS it intended for folding the coat up into a small packet and holding that together?

Reply to
Bob F