OT lawn tractor seat repair

I'm wondering how to re-upholster my lawn tractor seat ..
It's a Deere ... green & yellow tones are good .. :-)
https://www.theauctionadvertiser.com/cgi-bin/gallerybig.pl?pic=lm0324Z002.jpg&ab=&sid=Sale%20Id&eday=Click !&day=Sunday
John
On 03/23/2019 09:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
I've redone motorcycle saddles but you're draping Naugahyde over a basically convex surface and can use a heat gun to get a little stretch where needed. Not a clue how you'd do the convex portion of the seat back.
Or you could go redneck, saw the legs off a polymer chair and bolt it on.

or ...
http://tinyurl.com/y4o8fthg
On 03/23/2019 10:20 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

I was wondering if that was OEM. It certainly is a little more colorful than the Deeres around here. The neighbor kid converted his old man's lawnmower to something like that and amuses himself doing wheelies and burnouts. It must be spring; he had it out yesterday.
I've thought about gifting him my old dirt bike but his mother would kill me right after the bike killed him.

.. just posted for a chuckle. My Amish neighbours sometimes have interesting seating on their horse drawn farm machines - not this colourful though - but old high-back bucket seats from cars are common .. John T.
On 03/24/2019 04:27 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Their adaptations to the 21st century are interesting. I lived in Ft. Wayne for a while and there were quite a few Amish. I found it disconcerting to see a guy dressed in 17th century high fashion drinking a Coke and smoking a Camel.
Indiana showed a real lack of sensitivity. Religion yada yada, you will have lights on your damn buggies if you drive them on public highways.
There was one group that split off since they considered windmills to be the work of the Devil, and having rubber tires on the buggy was another sensitive subject.
I loaded furniture at an Amish plant in Ohio and after picking up part of the load had to drive about a quarter mile to another warehouse. While working in a fairly modern plant must have been okay riding in the cab wasn't so the dock guy loped across the fields to meet me at the other side. The restrooms were strange too. They were separate cubicles along one wall with a red light over each door. Reminded me of a confessional, but that's another story.
On 3/24/19 10:56 PM, rbowman wrote:

The Amish are concerned about burning fossil fuels and climate change so they have now gone electric.
https://www.dutchcrafters.com/Amish-Seneca-Electric-Fireplace-with-Remote/ppc/45019
On 03/25/2019 04:37 AM, devnull wrote:

I think some communities came up with a waiver for electricity in the barns. There's always a good lawyer in the crowd. It's like the Hasidim in Brooklyn who won't light a fire on the sabbath so they turn the stove on Friday afternoon before sundown. Saturday the apartment burns down.
In any case I don't think there is a proscription about building electric fireplaces or Rvs for the English.
On 3/23/19 10:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

These aren't all that expensive. <https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xjohn+deerre+lawn+tractor+seat.TRS0&_nkw=john+deerre+lawn+tractor+seat&_sacat=0
It's not my money being spent, after all.