what is it ?

Link below - at an auction sale tomorrow, about an hour from me.

Some sort of specialty clamping device .. ?

Browse the other woodworking tools while you're at it.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

D O H ! Hit "previous" about 11 times to Z022 jpg John T.

Reply to
hubops

Pic 003 are of old style wood clamps. I've seen them before and several wi th a small board, with a hole drilled partially into it, to be place at the end of the threaded tightening rod. The small board is a clamping face, r ather than having the rod make contact with the project's stock.

At one time, I thought about making a few.... referencing pics on my comput er, taken long ago.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

In pic 018, there are a couple of JB Addis style chisels (as per the handle s). Addis put his name on his chisels. Ward & Payne put the Addis name o n the chisels, after W&P bought Addis (after his death). The difference be tween an original Addis and a W&P Addis, W&P put their mark (cross hammers and anvil) just below the ferrule (on the chisel blade next to the Addis na me). I would think the handles on an original Addis would have a much dar ker patina, than those in the pic. I have some W&P Addis chisels and the h andles are darker, than those in the pic. It'd be nice to check them out , though, just in case.

As to John's reference to pic 22, I've never seen one of those.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny