For You Dedicated Harbor Freight Shoppers

John McGaw wrote in news:kVgBA.201525$ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.iad:

I wonder what items are included? I bought a couple big things over that period, but did not keep the receipts.

Unlike Ticketmaster (last class action suit I was included in), I'll darken HF's doorway once again.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I bought an air nailer/stapler thing about 5 or so years ago. It was not on sale and I paid around $24 for it. I knew it was generally on sale for around $16 or so, but didn't care, would have been more trouble to go back than it was worth saving. Cool thing is that cheap ass tool has worked flawlessly for years, although I don't use it often, I've lent it out several times and worked then as well. Turned out to be a great deal at either price, so I was happy. Most other HF stuff I own I bought on sale anyway. My $100 plus old multimeter broke a few years ago and I got the HF one for around $4 or so, it works fine.

Their prices are awful low, for the junk as well as the gems. Suing them seems just as disingenuous as their fake sales. I recall Sears was doing the same thing. Their wrenches used to be permanently on sale, but prices on sale were never near as low as crazy low HF prices.

Reply to
Jack

I bought their 10" tile saw w/stand, less than 2 yrs ago. Don't recall if on sale. I keep all receipts, so it's somewhere. 20% is a nice "rebate".... worth spending it, there, as a lagniappe gesture.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Their tools have their place, even on a job site. We now live in an tool ec onomy that has moved from "heritage" and "lifetime" tools to making sure yo u get the correct bang for the buck. If you buy a saw, certain type of dri ll, grinder, etc. and it is something you use a few times a year, then HF i s a great place to roll the dice.

I have a grinder that I bought there when my 4 1/2" Bosch gave up the ghost . The Bosch lasted about 5 years and cost around $100. HF was the only to ol store on the side of town I was working, so I went over there and bought the same size for something like $13. About 15 years later, the damn thin g sill works great. Worth every penny and then some.

Bought a large capacity hammer drill there for a job that needed 20 or so 1 /2" drilled 4" into concrete. After the third one broke (with only 4 holes finished), went back and bought a DeWalt that has drilled hundreds of hole s, stirred a ton of paint, mixed mud, mixed texture and done all manner of things a heavy duty drill would do. The HF was $35, and the DeWalt was $129 . Should have bough the DeWalt to begin with.

I have a lot of odds and ends of tools from every manufacturer, and HF is a bout on par with a lot of them. I had 3 DeWalt recip saws (probably a bad batch)break in the same week during light demo. I have had tools from all the manufacturers fail unexpectedly or in a very short time since I have ke pt most of my city's construction workers in tools.

So to me, HF does have its place. I have spent a couple of small fortunes o n tools whether stolen, broken or in more rare cases, just worn out.

I have come to rely on the fact that I can go there and buy a tool at a che ap price, take it out of a subcontractor's contract and he won't bitch. I buy drop cloths, touch up brushes by the hundred, air tool fittings, etc., and never think a thing of it. I roll back around to your point, the idea o f suing them over their "sales" is just plain stupid. What has anyone real ly lost? A dollar or two here and there? If something isn't on sale in th e weekly/biweekly circular, it probably is on the standalone mail out I get , in the emails I get, or just by going online to their site. Even so, if by some rare chance it isn't all you have to do is wait and it will be next week. Even by some rarer chance that it doesn't come up, use the 20-25% c oupon that is everywhere to purchase your item.

Or as they have told me at the local store, buy it, use it, take it back wh en it comes on sale again.

Being butt hurt to the point of tying up our courts is nothing more than pe tty B.S., trying win the lotto in a settlement, or to make up for the fact their parents never hugged them enough. When I "won" a suit against ATT, I got a check for less than $3, and a coupon for reduction in price for 90 d ays for a new ATT account.

You know, it's the same deal they give all new customers. Congrats to the ATT attorneys for selling that to some judge as compensation. If we weren' t paying for the idiots that run our court system I would say they all dese rve one another.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

The lawyers got paid. That's all that matters.

Reply to
krw