Craftsman Lawn tractor Wiring Harness

I have 2002 Sears Craftsman LTX 1000 Garden Tractor/Lawnmower/Desert Gold color

42 inch cut, electric PTO blade clutch. Mgf. model # 944.601751 The problem is the main electric wiring harness running between the ignition keyed switch and the main fuse has melted due to an electrical short. I need to replace the entire wiring harness and I am unable to find a part number for the wiring harness or who actually made the tractor for Sears. Call to Sears customer Service are no help, they need a part number. Any ideas out there who in the USA would have actually manufactured the wiring harness? Thanks

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 356706 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
redwing30

My manual has a part number for the harness. Look again or download a PDF manual.

Reply to
Hipupchuck

Your tractor should have come with two manuals--one of them is devoted to a parts breakdown of all the systems of the tractor including the wiring harness. You should also be able to view it on-line based on the tractor model number. MLD

Reply to
MLD