Subject Author Posted Replies

Self Service Saw at Menards
Found my local Menards has a "self-service" saw. It's a compound miter saw with a nice long infeed and outfeed table. The sign said basically "if you feel comfortable using this, you can. PPE is near...
27
27

What did I do wrong.
I Got a new shotgun and didn?t like the finish on it. Pretty cheap gun and it looked very plasticky. I sanded it all off and just used boiled linseed oil, it?s what I use on all my wood handled tools....
2
2

Looking for Shopsmith owners
I have a nice prize for the right Shopsmith owner
1
1

OT: Electrical plug question
If the dryer outlet is a 4-wire outlet (220v outlets can be wired as 3 wire--two hots and a ground, or 4 wire--two hots, neutral, and ground) then as long as (a) you're willing to give up the dryer...
126
126

Flip top cabinets for small work shops.
I got a new bench belt sander for Christmas. It works great and does the exact job I wanted it to do. Once it was working and checked out, came the next big question, "Where do I store it?" I have a...
6
6

How Do You Make These Cuts In The Field...Or Don't You?
I recently took a walk through a conservation area in upstate NY. The following boardwalk zigged and zagged through the area, creating a loop about 1/2 mile. The curves were of various radii, some...
16
16

3/4 dowel into a 2 x 2 post
I need to sink a 3/4 dowel perfectly centered and perfectly straight from the top of a 2x2 post. Does anyone have any woodworking ninja level 11 secret they can pass on to do this? I have a floor...
17
17

OT-UV cured adhesives- home repair- 1st hand experience?
Realizing that woodworkers pretty much have to fix most things around the h ouse, I wonder if UV cured adhesives would be useful in that regard. Anyone have any at hand experience in other than glass...

JELD-WEN Composite MDF Interior Door Slabs - Any Good?
Are these doors any good? Full Link I threw one in as part of my freshen-up project before the kids showed up for Thanksgiving. I need at least 6 more to do the upstairs rooms, maybe a dozen if I do...
6
6

What is the value of radial arm saw model 113.19771 ,113197751 with legs bought 1978
Radial arm saw 10 inch
4
4

Air filtration
Would appreciate comments from anyone who owns an air filtration system. I am looking at the Powermatic PM1200 and the Jet AFS1000B. Thanks for any comments.
19
19

Joining suggestions: Guitar stand
I'm going to make a few of these for gifts this year. I see that it's joined with manufactured finger joints, but I wonder if there's a better way. Thoughts on this? Also, it's made with sapele and...
9
9

Slipit Reviews???
Hadn't seen this before--anybody have any experience with it?
4
4

Cleaning of antique dresser
My current project is the repair of a small, child's dresser that has spent the last 60 - 70 years stored in an attic or basement. Most of the glued j oints are coming apart and the entire dresser is...
6
6

New Cabinet Hinges - Half A Hole Off - 68 Times!
I'm painting the stick built kitchen cabinets and left SWMBO in charge of choosing the hardware. She found handles she liked so I gave her the specs for the hinges (3/8" inset, surface mount) so she...
14
14