brad nailer

paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

Reply to
Charles Frenette

Have you tried it on different materials? Used different (quality) staples?

Reply to
Michael

The manual says that it should be disassembled, cleaned, and relubed periodically. Have you done that?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Have you oiled it regularly over the year's time? If not, then do as J. Clarke says. All pneumatic tools need oiling regularly.... and a periodic cleaning doesn't hurt, either.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Actually, my Senco nailers don't require oiling at all.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Do you have and air leak in the system? Possibly in the gun itself?

Is the pressure guage faulty?

Reply to
knuttle

This ^^^.

Clean it. Also try different compressor/air output, different nails and different nailing material to deduct the cause.

Reply to
Hawk

Going oilfree was the best thing senco ever did.

Reply to
Bob D