Senco Brad Nailer Leaks

My 18 gauge nailer leaks air somewhere internally in the tool. It is only about 2 years old, and I've always oiled it per the instructions.

Is this worth getting serviced, or should I just bag it and buy a new one?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

How much does a service kit cost? Usually just a few o rings or seals and some grease fixes a tool.

Reply to
Jim Behning

Absolutely worth getting serviced. Senco is not Harbor Freight. They are a quality tool designed for hard work. I'm surprised about the two years, though. Mine is older than that and hasn't developed any problems. Still, it's worth fixing.

Reply to
LRod

If your Mercedes developed a flat tire, would you scrap it?

Repair it, Senco is a top notch brand built to last for years and be rebuilt.

Reply to
Leon

So it's not a big deal to take it apart and replace rings and seals? Never considered doing it myself, but maybe I should.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Reply to
woodman461

That was my first thought. I got my SFN40 for practically nothing because it had been oiled and all the seals were leaking. A quick rebuild took care of the problem.

Regardless, a Senco is worth rebuilding.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Nope!

I have an FP35, FP18, and an SLS20, that not only require oil, Senco includes it in the case.

Reply to
B A R R Y