Brad Nailer

I just saw a Brad Nailer 5/8 to 2 inch Model Number 54461-5VGA for $39.95 on Harbor Freight website. Is this a good price for this Model? Has anybody purchased and used one? TIA The Old Goat Please reply to Group.

Reply to
The Old Goat

The HF brads nailers and staplers are a great value. However, if you can physically go to a store, you will find that they are usually on sale much cheaperthan online. At very least, they will match the online price with a printout.

The 18 ga. brad is sometimes on sale for $12-$14. The combo stapler/brad was bought by me on sale for $24 when I needed just a stapler.

I've found that the HF brads and staples should be replaced with brand named fasteners. They seem to jam too easily, even in my Dewalt 18 ga.

Reply to
Jay

Reply to
items4sale

I've used one for 10 yrs, it's going strong yet. ( it's a good one .

Reply to
RPilgreen

The 46309 model for $19 (I think it's currently on sale) is the one that FWW took a look at and the one I bought. Recommended - at that price.

Reply to
patrick conroy

I have been using it for more than a year now, have not given me any trouble. I find the 2" not much use, anyway good to have a longer nailer than a shorter ones.

After using it for sometime I think a 15 or 16 gauge brad nailer is more useful than a 18 gauge. That's my opinion.

Reply to
WD