OT / ICYMI - There's a Tesla orbiting Earth

Elon Musk is a f***ing ROCKSTAR!!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVYkm1BVMAY8_Tx.jpg
Starman Live Stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
r2kKAHN6M
Today's amazing launch:
https://youtu.be/wbSwFU6tY1c?t

https://youtu.be/wbSwFU6tY1c?t
61
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 7:40:29 PM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:

I had a chance to watch it live. As cool as the launch was, watching the 2 outer boosters fly home and then land within seconds of each other was even cooler.
Too bad the core booster didn't make it. I wonder whose idea it was to use a drone ship. I'll bet it was the people they original assigned to take the ship out there. "Say what? You want us to sit in a boat while some huge rocket tries to land butt first on the deck? Uh...no thanks. I'll pass." ;-)
I heard that it came in at 300 MPH and took out 2 of the ship's engines. That would have shaken up even the most seasoned sailor.

They tested landing on barges long before they tried to return to the launch site.

The barge is, of course, unmanned during a landing attempt.
On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 9:30:10 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Whoosh!

Things do go right over your head, don't they? Quasi-pun intended. ;-)
Partway through the launch, I realized I was watching three robots help a fourth steal a car and escape with it...

The last Starman selfie, in route to Mars.. https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6VZEzgAEk/?taken-by=elonmusk
https://i.imgur.com/oGTcEI8.jpg
"Printed on the circuit board of a car in deep space" https://www.instagram.com/p/Be31IJxgOoK/?taken-by=elonmusk
-God speed, Starman
On 2/8/2018 8:55 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

It took 60 years to go from Telstar to Tesla.
--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

On 2/8/2018 10:25 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

It will crash into Mars and the Martians will see that as an act of war.

Nah the burn was to long so it will be an addition to the asteroid belt.
Glad Star man is a dummy, the suit however is a real space suit, a NASA test for certification.

In reality, the car is in an eliptical orbit around the sun where the long axis reaches from just inside the earth orbit to the asteriod belt. It only visits the belt ever few years.