joining a motorway

do you need to indicate when you are joining a motorway or is it obvious to others what you are doing ? ...
On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 13:07:22 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Unless it's obviously going top confuse, my mantra is "indicate *everywhere*" - it may be the only thing that catches the eye of someone engrossed in that vital text conversation ...

but you are joining so not their problem...

Unless they are slowly overtaking you in the left lane of the motorway and decide to slow down a bit to check spelling just as you are slotting in behind them.
--

Roger Hayter

On 19/08/2019 13:38, Roger Hayter wrote:

Staggering opinion from plonked Jim
That being involved in a crash even though its technically not your fault, is not your problem.
I.e the millennial snowflake idea that avoiding blame is *far* more important than avoiding harm.

No, the millennial response would be to avoid cars. It is our generation who are more likely to take the jobsworth approach that if it is not our fault we don't care.
--

Roger Hayter

thank you so much .....

what?
On 19/08/2019 13:27, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

It will be your problem when they hit you.
Prior to getting my licence many moons ago I went on a Police driving course where we were told, with quite some emphasis, that we should signal every move. Including at midnight in the middle of nowhere.

On 19/08/2019 16:27, F wrote:

Plods are rather dim bulbs. And they like giving Orders
Its to get them in the habit
--
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.”

Let's hope that's not the case when you need help in a hurry then.

On 21/08/2019 23:29, F wrote:

I am afraid it has proved to be entirely the case in such situations.

It hasn’t with me and I have used them on a number of occasions and a mate of mine was one for quite a while too.

Ah, but is it "a move", you have no alternative so I don't really see it as "a move".
--
Chris Green
·

On 19/08/2019 16:44, Chris Green wrote:

It's a move from a slip road onto a motorway.

why would THEY hit you...it is you that is merging...

Just another completely mindless blanket silly proclamation.
On 19/08/2019 13:26, Jethro_uk wrote:

I dont indicate when there is no one there to see it.
When joining a motorway, definitely. Although its obvious where I am going, as you say, being noticed is important...
--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
...than to have answers that cannot be questioned

I always indicate just in case there is someone there that I haven't seen.

--
bert

writes

so...they were not expecting you to be wanting to join the motorway then even though you are coming up the slip road? ......