OT: Holiday safety

I would like to share an experience with you all, to do with drinking and driving.

Some of us know people who have had brushes with the authorities on their way home from a night out. Well, I for one have done something about it.

The other night I was out for a dinner and a few drinks with some friends. After having far too many wine and knowing full well I was wasted, I did something I?ve never done before. I took a bus home. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

:)

Reply to
Swingman

NOW THAT is funny! I just knew you were going to say that you called a decoy drunk driver to come and distract the authorities attention away from you.

Reply to
Leon

Thumbs WAY ^up^. A local watering hole has a shuttle. Pick up and deliver. The thing runs all night and when it is time to go home, usually still well under control, but enough beer to blow over, the shuttle is already warm. Sometimes people we know might climb on at the same time, small talk, keep us up to date with neighbours.... and no smoking allowed. And free. The only pub in the area that pours Alexander Keith IPA on tap... The atmosphere is a bit industrial/ agricultural...LOL.

One of the local taxi companies tried to sue the owner of the pub/ shuttle because of unfair competition. The area around the pub didn't have a DUI arrest in a 5km circle in two years, while the same can't be said for other neighbourhood pubs. So the city thought it fair to charge a taxi license for the shuttle. About 50 people tossed enough money in the jar to pay for the license AND a year's worth of insurance. That is how we roll. One segment in the argument dealt with the fact that taxis, later in the evening, smell like vomit and cigarettes.... "clean that up and we might use you more often..."

Robatoy

Funny, that. Driven..... missed that the first time...

Reply to
Robatoy

LMAO!! Good one, Doug, I never saw that coming.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ok you need a follow up post to your previous and title it "Never Mind". :~)

Reply to
Leon