Holiday warning

With the holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with you about drinking and driving after a "social session" with friends.

Well, this past month, I was out on a pre-Thanksgiving evening with friends. I had a few cocktails, followed by a handful of glasses of vintage red wine. Despite the jolliness, I still had the sense to know that I was over the limit. That's when I decided to do what I have never done before: I took a cab home.

Sure enough, there was a police road block on the freeway but, since it was a cab, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was both a great relief and surprise because I had never driven a cab before. I don't even know where I got it from and, now that it is in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I would suggest eBay or perhaps a garage sale.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I stop at the local convenience store to get another 12er and come out to find my joy-ride missing. Luckily an out-of-service bus driver stopped by to use the bathroom. I had to cut down a fence to park the damn thing and had to spend way too much on tarps to cover the thing up. The next time I take a cab, I will make sure not to leave the keys in it.

Note:

The cash/coin thingy does not make a good beer holder.

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

I've heard two variations on that. One about the intoxicated guy who took the wrong car home, and got a home visit from the cops. The other from the intox guy whose auto steering wheel was stolen.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You could always claim that it followed you home. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas