New shop snake part 2

alexy

Reply to
-MIKE-

Reply to
Steve Turner

About 2-plus feet. I just gently evicted him out into the sunshine. The old snake we had around here unfortunately got caught up in a rat trap kept in another corner. Looks like I'll have to establish a rapport with the new guy.

Reply to
tom

cats for pushsticks....

Brought to you by people eating tasty animals

jc

Reply to
Joe

Hmm, I think I'd rather have a cat to take care of the mice... I wouldn't want to walk into my shop and have that thing snap me on the leg.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Hmm, I think I'd rather have a cat to take care of the mice... I wouldn't want to walk into my shop and have that thing snap me on the leg.

Reply to
Steve Turner

after I cleaned out my shorts.

Gordon Shumway

One positive thing about 'Cash for Clunkers' is that it took thousands of Obama bumper stickers off the road.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

n't want to walk into

Don't like them.

Reply to
Robatoy

ldn't want to walk into

That's what I like about the Yukon, no snakes or skunks except for Tory politicians.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

You're a braver or crazier man than I to willingly share shop space with a rattler.

Reply to
J. Clarke

want to walk into

Actually, I've had good relationships with all the rattlers we've had here over the years. They've always let me know if I was getting too close. And with two very outdoorsy cats (and one wuss), there's still room for the snake(s) here. Tom

Reply to
tom

Almost-worst case:

careful.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Yes. Tom

Reply to
tom

want to walk into

Diamondback is pretty mild. A 6 foot Puff Adder is a different story!!!!!!

Reply to
clare

Do not mess with them. Even when they're dead, respect that fang. Tom

Reply to
tom

So does this:

plus this:

... and they won't inject neurotoxins into your bloodstream if you reach into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Could also take care of you: see

your other critters.

Best is a good ratter live pushstick. You could also train a dog, use that cute pink thing you just linked to, or a pellet gun.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

My neighbor told me a story (which I'm not sure is true; the guy is pretty good at embellishing) about being with a friend when they killed a rattler. My neighbor was getting ready to cut the rattle off as a souvenir, but his friend stopped him with a "WHOA!" He stepped on the snake's neck and cut the head off first, then said "Ok, now you can get the rattle". As soon as my neighbor started cutting the rattle off, the snake's body reflexed and the bloody stub where the head had been hit him right in the calf.

Reply to
Steve Turner