TOTALINE Model #P474-1035 Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat

I want the furnace to come on when the temperature drops below 82°F.
Here's how I have set the various controls on the thermostat:
The time and date are correct.
Weekdays (MTWTF): For 5:00 am, 9:30 am, 4:00 pm, 10:00 pm: HEAT = 82? ?; COOL = 90° Weekend (SaSu): For 5:00 am, 10:00 am, 4:00 pm, 10:00 pm: HEAT = 82° ; COOL = 90°
PROG switch: RUN MODE switch: HEAT (I don't want the A/C to come on) FAN switch: AUTO
Is this correct?

; COOL = 90

; COOL = 90

82F? Is this a butterfly house?
I've never bothered with times and days, I just set the house to be the same temperature 24/7. Then you don't need a huge powerful system to keep warming the place back up again quickly. And you don't get damp/warped/mouldy furniture during the night.
-- Das Computer Maschine Ist Nich Fur Gefingerenpoken Und Mittengrabben! Ist Easy Schnappen Der Springenwerken Mit Spitzensparken Und Poppenkorken! Das Rubbernecken Sightseeren Mus Keep Der Handz In Der Pockets, Relax Und Vatch Die Blinkenlights!!
My Mother is 95 years old. If the temperature is below 82°, she's too cold.
Given that I have a PROGRAMMABLE thermostat, are the settings correct?
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 1:47:39 PM UTC-5, condo owner wrote:

?; COOL = 90°

?; COOL = 90°

Looks right, but why do you want it to be 82F? Unless this is a grow house or something weird, sounds like a troll to me.
On 12/06/2017 01:02 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[snip]

My grandparents used to keep their den at 82F. It was MUCH too hot.
--
18 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
On 12/6/2017 5:46 PM, condo owner wrote:

Yes. Some will allow you to put it on "hold" forever but if you do not do that, it will revert back to the program at the netx set interval.
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:59:29 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

+1
Yes, they typically have a temporary hold that lasts until the next programmed change and permanent hold.
On 12/06/2017 06:07 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[snip]

My thermostat has 3 kinds of hold: temporary, permanent, and "vacation". IIRC, the last one can be set for a number of days before it reverts.
--
18 days until the winter celebration (Monday December 25, 2017 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
If I decide to operate the thermostat MANUALLY, will the thermostat 'ignore' the programmed settings (i.e., day, time, temperature)?
By "MANUALLY", I meant to move the PROG switch to "OFF". By doing that:
will the thermostat ignore the programmed settings?
will the thermostat revert back to the programmed settings at the next set interval?
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 7:22:44 PM UTC-5, condo owner wrote:

If the programmed mode is off, then no it will not follow the programmed temp changes.
I'll try it with PROG set to RUN and then with PROG set to OFF to see if my furnace "obeys" the thermostat.
I'm running the thermostat manually (i.e., the PROG switch is set to "Off") and the "Desired Set" temperature is 82°.
Why is the "Current Room" temperature only 76°?
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 10:21:25 PM UTC-5, condo owner wrote:

") and the "Desired Set" temperature is 82°.

What does the instruction book say? Are you sure the switch is only to select whether it runs the scheduled prog or is it the switch that selects off for the system? Typically there is a heat-cool-off selection and another selection to run or not run the schedule. If you set the former to off, the system is off. Does the furnace go to the set temp when it's running the program? New install? Worked before, doesn't work now?
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 6 Dec 2017 19:21:16 -0800 (PST), condo owner

Finally, an indication of the problem.
Where does she live?
What is the outside temperature?
For "Manual Operation", the manual says the MODE switch should be set to "H eat" (not "Cool" or "Off"); the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" (not "On ") and the PROGRAM switch should be set to "Off" (not "Set" or "Run"). (Th at's how I have the switches set).
For "Programmed Operation", the manual says the MODE switch should be set t o "Heat", the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" and the PROGRAM switch sho uld be set to "Run".
In both instances, the "Desired Set" temperature is set at 82° but the furnace shuts off when the "Current Room" temperature reaches only 76? ??
====================================================================== The failure to reach the "Desired Set" temperature has existed since the in stallation of the programmable thermostat several years ago.
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 11:13:37 PM UTC-5, condo owner wrote:

"Heat" (not "Cool" or "Off"); the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" (not " On") and the PROGRAM switch should be set to "Off" (not "Set" or "Run"). ( That's how I have the switches set).

to "Heat", the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" and the PROGRAM switch s hould be set to "Run".

he furnace shuts off when the "Current Room" temperature reaches only 76? ??

installation of the programmable thermostat several years ago.
If everything else works normally, then it sounds like the thermostat eithe r is designed with a Max temp of 76 or it's defective. 76 sounds low for a design limit, but with the hippies trying to save the environment, who kno ws. I think some of these have a mechanical safety in them to prevent unsaf e high temp and maybe that part is defective, triggering too low.
On 12/07/2017 03:55 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Snowflakes melt at 78F