TOTALINE Model #P474-1035 Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat

I want the furnace to come on when the temperature drops below 82°F.

Here's how I have set the various controls on the thermostat:

The time and date are correct.

Weekdays (MTWTF): For 5:00 am, 9:30 am, 4:00 pm, 10:00 pm: HEAT = 82? ?; COOL = 90° Weekend (SaSu): For 5:00 am, 10:00 am, 4:00 pm, 10:00 pm: HEAT = 82° ; COOL = 90°

PROG switch: RUN MODE switch: HEAT (I don't want the A/C to come on) FAN switch: AUTO

Is this correct?

Reply to
condo owner

=B0; COOL =3D 90=B0

; COOL =3D 90=B0

82F? Is this a butterfly house?

I've never bothered with times and days, I just set the house to be the = same temperature 24/7. Then you don't need a huge powerful system to ke= ep warming the place back up again quickly. And you don't get damp/warp= ed/mouldy furniture during the night.

-- =

Das Computer Maschine Ist Nich Fur Gefingerenpoken Und Mittengrabben! Ist Easy Schnappen Der Springenwerken Mit Spitzensparken Und Poppenkorke= n! Das Rubbernecken Sightseeren Mus Keep Der Handz In Der Pockets, Relax Un= d Vatch Die Blinkenlights!!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

My Mother is 95 years old. If the temperature is below 82°, she's too cold.

Given that I have a PROGRAMMABLE thermostat, are the settings correct?

Reply to
condo owner

Looks right, but why do you want it to be 82F? Unless this is a grow house or something weird, sounds like a troll to me.

Reply to
trader_4

Like I already said: My Mother is 95-years-old. If the temperature is bel ow 82°, she's TOO COLD

Reply to
condo owner

If I choose to operate the thermostat MANUALLY, will the thermostat 'ignore' the programmed settings (i.e., day, time, temperature)?

Reply to
condo owner

If I decide to operate the thermostat MANUALLY, will the thermostat 'ignore' the programmed settings (i.e., day, time, temperature)?

Reply to
condo owner

Yes. Some will allow you to put it on "hold" forever but if you do not do that, it will revert back to the program at the netx set interval.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1

Yes, they typically have a temporary hold that lasts until the next programmed change and permanent hold.

Reply to
trader_4

By "MANUALLY", I meant to move the PROG switch to "OFF". By doing that:

will the thermostat ignore the programmed settings?

will the thermostat revert back to the programmed settings at the next set interval?

Reply to
condo owner

If the programmed mode is off, then no it will not follow the programmed temp changes.

Reply to
trader_4

I'll try it with PROG set to RUN and then with PROG set to OFF to see if my furnace "obeys" the thermostat.

Reply to
condo owner

I'm running the thermostat manually (i.e., the PROG switch is set to "Off") and the "Desired Set" temperature is 82°.

Why is the "Current Room" temperature only 76°?

Reply to
condo owner

") and the "Desired Set" temperature is 82°.

What does the instruction book say? Are you sure the switch is only to select whether it runs the scheduled prog or is it the switch that selects off for the system? Typically there is a heat-cool-off selection and another selection to run or not run the schedule. If you set the former to off, the system is off. Does the furnace go to the set temp when it's running the program? New install? Worked before, doesn't work now?

Reply to
trader_4

For "Manual Operation", the manual says the MODE switch should be set to "H eat" (not "Cool" or "Off"); the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" (not "On ") and the PROGRAM switch should be set to "Off" (not "Set" or "Run"). (Th at's how I have the switches set).

For "Programmed Operation", the manual says the MODE switch should be set t o "Heat", the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" and the PROGRAM switch sho uld be set to "Run".

In both instances, the "Desired Set" temperature is set at 82° but the furnace shuts off when the "Current Room" temperature reaches only 76? ??

========================= ========================= =======================

The failure to reach the "Desired Set" temperature has existed since the in stallation of the programmable thermostat several years ago.

Reply to
condo owner

"Heat" (not "Cool" or "Off"); the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" (not " On") and the PROGRAM switch should be set to "Off" (not "Set" or "Run"). ( That's how I have the switches set).

to "Heat", the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" and the PROGRAM switch s hould be set to "Run".

he furnace shuts off when the "Current Room" temperature reaches only 76? ??

========================= ========================

installation of the programmable thermostat several years ago.

If everything else works normally, then it sounds like the thermostat eithe r is designed with a Max temp of 76 or it's defective. 76 sounds low for a design limit, but with the hippies trying to save the environment, who kno ws. I think some of these have a mechanical safety in them to prevent unsaf e high temp and maybe that part is defective, triggering too low.

Reply to
trader_4

Snowflakes melt at 78F

Reply to
Jaxs Plumbing

On my TOTALINE P474-1035 thermostat, I've set the desired temperature at 82 ° but the furnace stops when the room temperature reaches 76°.

A "Heat/Cool Indicator" light is located between the temperature UP & DOWN buttons. According to the owner's manual, this "Bi-color LED" light "will only energize if the thermostat is system powered". This light stays on ( red) even after the furnace stops when the room temperature reaches 76? ?. My guess is that the light would go out if the room temperature would reach 82°.

Reply to
condo owner

82° but the furnace stops when the room temperature reaches 76°.

N buttons. According to the owner's manual, this "Bi-color LED" light "wil l only energize if the thermostat is system powered". This light stays on (red) even after the furnace stops when the room temperature reaches 76? ?. My guess is that the light would go out if the room temperature would reach 82°.

Assuming that led behaves that way when the thermostat is set to lower temp s, ie it's on when the furnace is on, out when it shuts off, then I'd say y our guess is correct. This could be what I said earlier, it may have a fai l-safe mechanical temp switch that opens if the temp is abnormally high. I t may be defective, opening too low, at 76,in which case the light stays o n, but the circuit to the furnace is open, ie no call for heat. I'd say tim e for a new thermostat.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

My grandparents used to keep their den at 82F. It was MUCH too hot.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd