New Project

Sooo the Kitchen is finally done and on to paying customers.

This customer has been waiting since January.

This will be a Walnut blanket chest.

Leon

Looks good! How are you going to join the corners?

Reply to
Michael

Well, someone is working in this heat. Good for you, Leon. Neat project.

Was in the hospital a while back.... a little surgery. Chatting with my prep nurse, she mentioned doing small projects for her home.... using pallet wood. I told her I knew where she could get some nice free lumber. She came over and checked things out. She'll bring a design, later, and we'll calculate bd ft needed, prep some boards, etc. In the meantime I framed a 35"X35" peg board for her, with pegs & hooks. Also, she mentioned buying a hand held power planer. I told her I have a 6" jointer she could have. From her description, that planer wasn't going to work out so well, that she might consider returning it. She doesn't have a router, but I have an older one and bits to give her.

Other than that, I've been picking figs and making jam.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hopefully you get this answer. Rabbet for carcass and 45's for trim.

Reply to
Leon

My email client Thundrbird, has been wonky for some time now.

Reply to
Leon

Yes! My e-mail client has been acting up and My messages do not send IF i take too long to respond and or if the email program has been opened too ling, a few minutes. Thunderbird.

Reply to
Leon

1
Reply to
Leon

We took a break from our countertop/cabinet dilemma (How far do we go as far as remodeling?) to attend our daughter's wedding. She lives in Denver but the wedding was 5 hours west at a place called Top Of The Pines. 4 miles of dirt road then 2 miles of dirtier road to get to the venue. Some guests thought they were lost until they came around the last curve and saw this:

Woodworking (and kitchen) related, we stayed at a amazing log home. The owners had recently renovated the home - we were only the 2nd Airbnb guests. Obviously, being a log home, there was wood everywhere and at 4,400 sq ft there was a lot of it.

The master suite was phenomenal, with an ensuite bathroom that was actually bigger than the sleeping area. The suite included 1 of the 4 family room/sitting areas. Wood, wood, and more wood.

The countertops were made of BauBuche - laminated strips of 3mm thick beech. The hosts said that they finished it with 2 coats of stain and 6 coats of spar urethane.

The table in the dining room was capped in copper, just one of the many no-detail-left-unaddressed features in this home.

I'm sure this project will be of the same quality as all the rest. With the kitchen done, you'll really enjoy your breaks as you take in all the beautiful doors and drawers.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Really nice outing. Reminds me of my time in Idaho. Your daughter picked the best spot. I like that coffee table with its curved legs. I'm not crazy about straight lines/boards and try to avoid them.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Those 2 BauBuche countertops must be driving you crazy. All those

3mm thick boards lined up, one after the other, as far as the eye can see. ;-)

I think you'd like these railings though. They're straight, but then again, they're not. Each end of the 2nd floor had an overlook to the 1st. Same railings throughout.

DerbyDad03

I love Colorado. It is still easy to imagine what it was like for the early settlers saw it 100~200 years ago.

Very cool! We like to "check out" and go to a bed and breakfast at a small town near Houston. Out in the woods several private ans secluded cabins. Our favorite is the two story log cabin that was once a tobacco drying shelter.

Reply to
Leon

Oh yeah, those railings are great.

Reply to