More of The Kitchen

Back Splash

And the multi level sink.

And a couple of the big doors. We have applied 4 coats to the fronts and sides of the doors and will be hanging them very soon.

Then 4 coats of clear on the 22 drawer fronts.

Reply to
Leon

Beautiful!

And a nice Texas cutting board you made there.

Reply to
Michael

Did you do the backsplash?

For the main countertop we're considering kind of a "vertical shiplap" design.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thank you! But I confess, the cutting board was a Christmas gift from a vendor.

Reply to
Leon

I did not! I am only doing the minor electrical and the woodwork. I left the floor, counter tops, sink and plumbing, and back splash for the pro's.

FWIW the counter tops, sink, disposal, new plumbing, back splash, floors, and hardware came to approximately $19K.

Wood comes to $3K.

Our counter top and back splash guy also sells cabinets and complete kitchen and bath remodels. I was wondering if it was worth me building all of the cabinets. He indicated a kitchen with walnut cabinets would have run me an extra $50K.

So yes, I saved about $47K in the long run.

We doubled our counter top space and added 18 large drawers.

Reply to
Leon

And you got the exact look that you wanted. Even $50K wasn't going to get you all that inlay.

But...(and there's always a but)...

Could you be doing a income producing job whilst you are building all those doors? Even if it's not $47K worth, you sorta gotta subtract that foregone income from your savings.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Exactly. LOL My first kitchen job, our other home, was 32 years ago. I did not get paid for that one either. '~)

I was telling my wife that my issue with this kitchen job was that this time I was not getting paid.

That was a big mistake. One of those times when I was saying what I was thinking before considering the repercussions.

I do have a paying job waiting on the the completion of this kitchen. Walnut blanket chest.

Reply to
Leon